• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Acquires Tweeny Witches

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
w00t! I can cross off the top slot on my license wish list.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quote
You're telling me! I always thought this was one of the most under-rated series of the last few years. And was really resigned to it never getting a US release!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! Thank you Media Blasters!
I saw a trailer of this waayyy back when the Japanese website launched, and was hoping someone would license it someday. Studio 4c's stuff always looks like it'll be awesome.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!

Now if they only release the whole thing on just 1 or 2 DVDs as a single set release, all will be good...

I hope it gets released soon too...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow! This title is such an underrated gem of which I personally enjoyed (until I saw the DVD versions of the episodes, and my eyes just dropped with awesomeness Shocked ). I never thought it would come over here.

Though it makes me wonder if they're going to dub it. Rolling Eyes
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Now if they only release the whole thing on just 1 or 2 DVDs as a single set release, all will be good...

That is pretty much impossible. The entire series is 360 minutes and the standard DVD usually holds 120 minutes at most.
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Still, a 3 DVD release with 13 episodes or so per disc, that would be quite do-able and quite loverly at 19.99 each sub only.......
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
Still, a 3 DVD release with 13 episodes or so per disc, that would be quite do-able and quite loverly at 19.99 each sub only.......
The DVD editions of this show were extended over the broadcast and actually had a few other extras. There are also an insane amount of extras that came on the DVDs with this show. I'd prefer a 4 DVD release with all the extras as opposed to shoving just the content on 3 discs.
Steroid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Tweeny Witches is the story of a young girl who wholeheartedly believes in magic, but finds her beliefs challenged when she is transported to an alternate world where magic and witches actually exist.

How does that work, exactly? Seems as though that confirms her beliefs.
oriana3k

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Steroid wrote:
Quote:
Tweeny Witches is the story of a young girl who wholeheartedly believes in magic, but finds her beliefs challenged when she is transported to an alternate world where magic and witches actually exist.

I thought the same thing. Go to the show's encyclopedia page, they explain it better. She believes in good, happy rainbow magic, but she discovers a darker world.
therealssjlink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quote
Steroid wrote:
Quote:

Not really a spoiler (it's in the first ep.) but....

spoiler[they get their magic power from capturing magical creatures]

AND...(MAJOR SPOILER)

spoiler[They also kill people who can't use magic....sorta]
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Though it makes me wonder if they're going to dub it. Rolling Eyes

Doubt it.

Last I heard of anything being dubbed by them was Genshiken OVA and Ikki Tousen 2. With everything else being a big fat maybe, which means no.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quote
Wow, for some reason I thought this was already licensed a while ago and I just missed the release. The first time I saw the art for this I knew it was something I wanted to see. However, if it's sub only I'll probably pass regardless of how good it is, but that's just me.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:16 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Wow, for some reason I thought this was already licensed a while ago and I just missed the release. The first time I saw the art for this I knew it was something I wanted to see. However, if it's sub only I'll probably pass regardless of how good it is, but that's just me.

Emerje

Mabye when the boxset comes out? Though nowadays, it seems like subonly's the way to go for some titles if a company wants to break even....
driftr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:02 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the 6 episodes of Alice Adventures are included in this or not. tweeny-witches.com only says coming soon... but it's been out in Hong Kong for a long while and even Italy seems to have gotten that licensed (even though it has ugly logos and a horrible conversion to PAL)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2