• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist/Ao no Exorcist Anime Film Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Why creators have such an incredibly difficult time making a GOOD original ending is beyond me, but, outside of FMA, they do.

Hellsing did it in 2001-2002 and FMA did it in 2003-2004. Gotta figure the well was tapped a little hard going back-to-back like that. Give them time (and a more deserving show.)

...or maybe the manga writers revolted at seeing screenwriters doing as good a job and made studios higher lesser talents.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
shadow13 wrote:
Pretty surprised, the series is not even finished and a movie is already a go?
the anime is almost done, so it's not that unbelievable it would be announced already.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:54 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Why creators have such an incredibly difficult time making a GOOD original ending is beyond me, but, outside of FMA, they do.
bglassbrook wrote:
Hellsing did it in 2001-2002

I'm sorry but......
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:31 am Reply with quote
The beginning of the story is bad, since the mentioned in the news article "argument" between protagonist and his adopter was very unnatural development, poorly glued together, awkward, unconvincing piece.

This was a major failure of authors (including manga author) to come up with drama. The reason is that authors were either lazy, did not put enough effort into the thought about how to make things more dramatic without disconnecting readers/viewers from the the story, or they tried their best, but could not since they are genuinely stupid.
d-_-b zzzzz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:28 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Time for the first negative post of this thread.

Nothing can save this show from the trainwreck it has become. I really liked it for the first 18 episodes, but then it just fell off a cliff. And, apparently, that's about the mark where they ran out of manga material, so I don't think that's a coincidence. Why creators have such an incredibly difficult time making a GOOD original ending is beyond me, but, outside of FMA, they do.

I'll say this, though: At least they're attempting their own ending. Most shows that run out of manga like to rush and put a pretty bow on it, but BE is trying, it's just not very good.

Well granted the manga's current storyline is indeed miles better then the anime related ending but it was far from being a trainwreck if the Movie is successful enough most likely they will come back to the current storyline in the manga and animate it when their is more material to used..I enjoyed the anime for what it was..it was an obvious given that the anime was going to have a filler ending from the start..Blue Exorcist has such a unique premise that its a breath of fresh air in the world of manga..I've been a fan of Blue Exorcist since the start nearly two years ago it was a pleasure to see a majority of the manga's material animated perhaps in the future another anime will come out which does seem quite likely.

I am pretty sure the "protag has an evil power and tries to prove himself to society" story has been used a lot of times even before Blue exorcist. To be honest it's not doing so well atm in story for me. So I dropped it.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
The beginning of the story is bad, since the mentioned in the news article "argument" between protagonist and his adopter was very unnatural development, poorly glued together, awkward, unconvincing piece.

This was a major failure of authors (including manga author) to come up with drama. The reason is that authors were either lazy, did not put enough effort into the thought about how to make things more dramatic without disconnecting readers/viewers from the the story, or they tried their best, but could not since they are genuinely stupid.

The beginning of the story is one of the best parts of the entire manga and anime..I'll take Blue Exorcist over a majority of what is currently popular in the world of manga at the moment easily.
theblueexorcast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Time for the first negative post of this thread.

Nothing can save this show from the trainwreck it has become. I really liked it for the first 18 episodes, but then it just fell off a cliff. And, apparently, that's about the mark where they ran out of manga material, so I don't think that's a coincidence. Why creators have such an incredibly difficult time making a GOOD original ending is beyond me, but, outside of FMA, they do.

I'll say this, though: At least they're attempting their own ending. Most shows that run out of manga like to rush and put a pretty bow on it, but BE is trying, it's just not very good.

Well granted the manga's current storyline is indeed miles better then the anime related ending but it was far from being a trainwreck if the Movie is successful enough most likely they will come back to the current storyline in the manga and animate it when their is more material to used..I enjoyed the anime for what it was..it was an obvious given that the anime was going to have a filler ending from the start..Blue Exorcist has such a unique premise that its a breath of fresh air in the world of manga..I've been a fan of Blue Exorcist since the start nearly two years ago it was a pleasure to see a majority of the manga's material animated perhaps in the future another anime will come out which does seem quite likely.

I have to agree with what you said. The take off for this anime was so huge that it'll probably be the first anime/manga in awhile that's going to keep the community in a buzz for quite some time. Even though i disliked that they steered away from the manga they did do a better job then others of making their own ending. Lets just hope that they do what FMA did and redo the anime off of the manga. Very Happy
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:50 am Reply with quote
comicozi wrote:
yes agree.. let me add that they really need to learn how to wait a few years before adapting manga into anime. as well as only doing a set number of episodes a year 12-20 for instance rather than running year round. naruto, op and definatly bleach would all greatly benifit from this. rant done >.>

Ao no Exorcist before the anime was selling 70,000 copies before falling off the Oricon charts. The latest volume that came out 3 weeks ago is currently @ 700,000 copies sold.

Love, like or loathe the anime for what it turned into is fine, but without the anime the manga would be nowhere near as popular as it is now. The massive increase in sales all but guarantees a "Blue Exorcist Brotherhood" in 3+ years time.

AnE certainly mirrored the journey of FMA...
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:

The beginning of the story is one of the best parts of the entire manga and anime..I'll take Blue Exorcist over a majority of what is currently popular in the world of manga at the moment easily.

Anyone can call anything "one of the best", but here thing should be more concrete than that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2