• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More New Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:24 am Reply with quote
Sounds good. Very Happy
Seven Samurai is one of my favorite Kurosawa films. How cool that it's being adapted into an anime! Seeing as how it's being produced by GONZO, this is one to look forward too. Anime smile
animejunkie68

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy Seven Samurai is being adapted into Anime? WONDERFUL!!!! Who's directing the series? Who's responsible for the conceptual design of the characters? And what about the soundtrack? I'm a huge film buff and Akira Kurosawa is by far one of most brilliant cinematic directors of all time; just think of all the American movies that have adapted their screenplays based on his original genius of character development and plot, artistic imagery, and dynamic story telling! There is profound truth in the old adage, "Copying is the best form of flattery..." I'm anxious to see how the genre of anime can bring to life the marvelous characters created by Kurosawa. Is there a website that provides information about this venture? (Preferably in English Laughing )[color=violet][/color]
Ryuko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:28 pm Reply with quote
It's not based on the movie, though, it's based on a video game that's based vaguely on the movie. It's like the Seven Samurai in the future. That's why there's a "mecha designer"...
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
just think of all the American movies that have adapted their screenplays based on his original genius of character development and plot, artistic imagery, and dynamic story telling!

Not exactly American, but I'm a huge fan of Sergio Leone's Fistful of Dollars! It was based on Kurosawa's Yojimo. Such a good movie! Late actor Toshiro Mifune was good in that movie! Cool And the other two, especially The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly~~all time fav! Surprised
Huh..oh YES...

Back to the topic...
I had no idea there was a video game?
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:20 pm Reply with quote
a sequel to Animation Runner Kuromi, sounds good. i didn't think it was received that well.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Mou Kaoru wrote:

Back to the topic...
I had no idea there was a video game?

I think it was made by Kurosawa's son.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:53 pm Reply with quote
animejunkie68 wrote:
I'm anxious to see how the genre of anime can bring to life the marvelous characters created by Kurosawa.

do they need bringing to life? I thought they already where.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:54 pm Reply with quote
The game looks interesting but I rather prefer the original work done by his father.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:34 am Reply with quote
Woohoo! More Hanaukyo Maids. Let's hope the anime stays true to the manga unlike the last series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
animejunkie68

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:53 am Reply with quote
Laughing Kurosawa's original masterpiece was brilliant beyond compare; I was simply trying to imagine how the creative genius of anime directors, like Shinichirou Watanabe and Hiyao Miyazaki, plus many more to mention, could do with the plot and characterization of the film version of Seven Samurai. It would be interesting to see how much more they can elaborate on the story due to the limitless possibilities that can arise from the anime genre Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1