• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mysterious Cities of Gold DVDs in UK in 2008, US Later

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Yay yay yay! I never saw the ending for this series, and I liked it too, so I'm very glad its coming to DVD soon!
Alexkiddmw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
This DVD have french and japanese version with subtile ? Or English dub only ?
Paploo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
No idea if it'll have the japanese version, but the french dub is currently licensed for R1 release by http://www.imavision.com and has been available on VHS/DVD from them for several years.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I cannot wait for this release, i've been hoping for an English language release for years (I believe there has been a French release for a while).

I've got some very fond memories of this from when I was a lad, but I never managed to watch the whole series (I think it was only shown twice on U.K. TV, usually just after school).
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
HAZAA! one of my favorite, can't wait for these DVD's.
NezuChiza

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Yayayayayayay! I can replace my horrible Nth gen copies from when it ran on Nick. *_*

Now if only someone would release Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea in the US again.
Abdallah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh yay! Never expected it to be licensed. One of my favorite anime of all time ^^ watched it in Arabic dub and it was amazing. Can't wait Anime hyper
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
About time to
/delurk

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
This just makes me very happy, and I hope that the R1 English release will not be too far behind the release in the UK.

I remember getting up early in the morning to catch the show on Nick whenever I'd sleep over at a friend's house (my family didn't have cable at the time). I never did manage to see the whole thing to the end, though.

...now if we could only get an R1 release of David the Gnome. Not technically anime, I know, but another favorite of mine from the same time frame.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Mysterious Cities of Gold was my favorite show back when I was a kid and it was on Nickelodeon. I'm not sure if I will buy the DVDs, but I'm glad it is finally getting released on DVD in English.
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Les mondes engloutis!!! Les mondes engloutis!!!! whats wrong with you people...the greatest non anime series of all time...

Spartakus
Alexkiddmw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:58 am Reply with quote
Much French series is always fabulous (Ulysses 31, Inspector Gadget, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Heathcliff And The Catillac Cats, the "Once Upon a Time"... series, Pygmalio,... but Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea is out of date ^^

For the Mysterious Cities of Gold DVDs, nobody knows if the DVD will have the Japanese version (with different musics) ?
wizard55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
no info is out yet if it will have japanese soundtrack or just the french/us soundtrack. Either way there should be some interesting things on the discs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1