• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman: DOOMSDAY EDITION!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowboy Cadenza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:36 am Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Cowboy Cadenza wrote:
Of course there are people like you and me who watch fansubs and also buy DVDs and merchandise. Those aren't the people that Answerman is referring to, clearly. I don't know if it's just that you have an optimistic view of people, but there are a frustratingly large number of people I've encountered who honestly cannot understand why I buy DVDs when I can just download something for free (I actually encountered one this evening).

Hmm, I guess... but I mean, not to generalize the human race based off the people I know, but I know more people who do buy STUFF after watching fansubs than don't-- I mean, the hoardes and hoardes of fangirls buying Ouran plushies and Death Notes at conventions probably weren't buying Japanese Region DVDS-- and at any rate, there are probably tons of Japanese cable subscribers who are just mild fans who don't buy DVDs or toys (just like I'm not buying DVDs for Dancing With The Stars, even if I AM watching it legally), so it kind of balances? So, I really honestly believe that the amount of merchandise and the amount of profit to the Japanese anime industry increases with the existence of fansubs. As for the American industry (which I usually don't participate in anyways; I'd rather support the creators more than the licensors thanksmuch), I guess I'm not informed enough to say much, but the fact that they're actually somewhat-successfully selling a made-for-TV product without the actual TV part is already pretty ludicrous. If I paid $5 for every episode of anime I watched legally on cable when I go to a country that actually has anime on TV, I would be worse than broke.

Okay, so I'm supposed to assume that you live in Japan, speak the language fluently enough to understand anime without subtitles, and are a cable subscriber there? Because, no offense, but the "it's free on TV for Japanese people" argument is probably the lamest pro-fansub argument I've yet to hear. You're not paying for Japanese cable, so it makes no sense. We live in America. If you want to see it, you buy it on DVD, or, if that costs too much, rent it from Netflix, which is affordable for even the tightest budgets.

Also, I know the profit doesn't go directly to the creators when you buy DVDs in America, but from my understanding, it doesn't do that in Japan either; it goes to the company that produced the stuff. When you buy Bleach manga in Japan, the profit goes to Shueisha, not Kubo Tite. Animators and whatever are paid a base salary that doesn't change at all, even if the show turns out to be a huge hit. (I recall reading this in a Dai Sato interview a while ago, but if anyone knows this to not be the case any longer, feel free to correct me.)

Sure, I concede that I might not like as much of the anime as I do if it weren't for fansubs. But I'm not sure buying other merchandise instead of the DVDs is a good enough excuse not to buy what you've seen.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
Fantastic, fantastic logo. Probably my favorite of all the Answerman logos so far.

On the subject of fansubs: I download them, I know they're illegal, and I won't try to defend myself. However, there is a difference between someone who downloads unlicensed anime and then deletes their subs/buys the show when it's licensed, and someone who downloads DVD rips and then claims to be more of a fan because they don't 'pander to licensors' or whatever. I don't believe that either group will 'bring down' the R1 anime industry (especially since the rip/fansub group seem to be more vocal, thus creating the impression that there are more of them), but I am rather concerned that my generation in particular seems to think that they aren't responsible for anything and they have a right to what they want, free of charge. In the long run, I think that's a more pressing issue than an anime company going out of business.

Don't get me wrong. I realize that Geneon's floundering is a blow to the R1 industry, although I personally haven't felt it since I own all of the Geneon titles I've ever considered buying (with the exception of Hellsing, which I have no worries about). However, to say that 'fansubbers killed Geneon and now the entire R1 industry is going to flop!' is just beyond reactionary and uninformed.

On the subject of fans: I wholeheartedly agree with Zac; true fans support the artists of whatever it is they are a fan. If you truly appreciate something, it's only natural that you'd want to compensate the artist with more than just your words of praise. In my own experience (and please note that this is going to come off like I'm trying to seem like a tragic hero - that's not entirely intentional), I've bought every scrap of material relating to my beloved Shaman King that I could get my hands on, even though it's not been edited so much as slaughtered (although the manga could be worse), just because I want to do my part as a fan of this series and give back to the people who made it possible for me to enjoy it. I'm probably not the biggest fan of anything out there, but I certainly consider myself (and others who support their favorite series by buying DVDs, manga, and merchandise) more of a fan than little Billy Everyteen, the screaming Narutard who hasn't contributed so much as a cent, even though you can't shake a stick in a Hot Topic without whacking some Naruto merchandise.

In closing, thank you, Zac, for publishing my response to last week's Answerfans question^^

EDIT:
Cowboy Cadenza wrote:
Also, I know the profit doesn't go directly to the creators when you buy DVDs in America, but from my understanding, it doesn't do that in Japan either; it goes to the company that produced the stuff. When you buy Bleach manga in Japan, the profit goes to Shueisha, not Kubo Tite. Animators and whatever are paid a base salary that doesn't change at all, even if the show turns out to be a huge hit. (I recall reading this in a Dai Sato interview a while ago, but if anyone knows this to not be the case any longer, feel free to correct me.)

If Japan works the same way as America with regard to profit from stuff like that, the original creator still gets royalties from the sale of things based on their work. I'm not entirely sure, though, since I have little or no knowledge of copyright and what have you in Japan.

Last edited by Murasakisuishou on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:47 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
la_contessa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote
Very good column! I'm grateful for the discussion of the Geneon issue, since I don't know enough about the industry to analyze the situation on my own. I also completely agree that it's awfully hard to call yourself a fan of something (or even more, of someone) if you're willing to rip it/him/her off. That series you love so much will cease to be produced if it doesn't make money (or that company will go out of business, or that mangaka will switch professions, etc.). Greg Ayres does a great job of discussing this exact concept in his fansubs/scanlations panel--I recommend it if you're ever at a con he's attending.

I would LOVE to see companies hire more attorneys to go after fansubbers, especially those who charge. Seeing as how I'm a law student, I've been watching legal positions in the industry, and I've maybe seen TWO positions open up in the last year or so. I'm not saying I expressly want to go into the industry, but it's something I'm considering--believe me, if someone gave the chance to send C&D letters to fansubbers, I would seriously consider the offer. I believe strongly in protecting creators' rights, and this lackadaisical response to the proliferation of bootlegs and fansubs perplexes and frustrates me.
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
In my humble opinion; I believe they made a lot of mistakes.

The first mistake: As noted by anime fans in BVUSA's first public meeting: Any current title would not go farther than their niche fanbase if it doesn't have an English dub.

Not to knock those who (still) hate English dubbing. As well as the sub-only crowd. But, last I heard; during the release of Harry Potter in Japan, they dubbed the voices in Japanese.

Second mistake: "Galaxy Angel Rune." It's about common sense. Why take a series that was doing fine under Bandai Entertainment USA, and then not do the same thing that had been done by them? Instead of Rune being treated as a proper spin-off series; it had been tossed to the "niche market" people.

Third mistake: BVUSA had no phone number. An average joe on the street who might be a potential customer wants answers as to why the company's doing things differently. And they want to hear a real voice. E-mail just doesn't cut it anymore.

Fourth mistake: The person who represents BVUSA sounds just as "out of touch" as any other person whose only purpose is to score great PR. "It will be too much money to add an English dub. And the last thing we want to do is pass the burden onto anime fans." "I believe the West should be a 'firstary' market instead of a secondary market when it comes to anime."

(I've worked as a security officer for an auto lot. I've gotten to meet some dedicated salespeople. They even offered me a job as a salesperson... ...jokingly. The guy who's PR for BVUSA would make horrible salesman material.)

-=***=-

This is just me rambling, so please ignore if you want.

The average joe who likes to watch anime, buys it whenever (s)he gets the money, and enjoys it for whatever reason (s)he may have. What's up with going for the most niche of the niche? Are they trying to prove a point? Does ego drive people anymore? And why doesn't 50 Cent honor his own word and retire (since he lost to Kanye West in record sales)?

I take that back. 50's level of honor is indirectly proportional to the amount of money he makes. Rolling Eyes
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quote
Cowboy Cadenza wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
I was so weired out by the banner.

But on to bussiness. Frankly, the death of Genon does nothing on my soul. I think if they had dropped their prices they would have been a lot better off. The number of Genon titles vs. other anime compaines is crazy- I have less than 10 Genon shows. (complete- a few straggler dvds from the Suncoast going out of bussiness sale)

I guess now i'll go out and pick up Season 2 of Kyo kara moah.
But frankly, i'm not disappointed in them leaving- I expected that. And I think (answering next weeks question) Bandi Visual better take a look at this- prices will fudge you over.

It seems like they caught a hint- I've seen KKM for less than their $30 norm. Which is awesome.

I think the biggest and scariest problem is the manga rats. I'd rather see bookstores crack down on them.

That rabbit is scary.
The flake makes me wonder- since the company is kinda dying does that mean the liscences either get picked up or get tossed back out there? Does that mean we could see brand new dubs of the shows we've bought- should they choose to do so?

thats all i gotta say- nice work.

You know, I hear a lot of people complaining about the prices of Geneon's DVDs, but isn't $29.98 the norm for most anime DVDs that have 4-5 episodes and decent extras? Am I missing something here? I mean, yeah, their box sets are ridiculous, but I never found their prices that unmanageable. I could always find most of their DVDs for less than $20 somewhere on the internet.

Most of my DVDs are from Geneon. While I'm really glad this happened just after I finished collecting Ergo Proxy, I'm still saddened by it and worried about the future of some series like Black Lagoon and Hellsing Ultimate. *sigh*

No it isn't. Any of the Genon dvds I have they have sparse extras at best. The only dvds i have with any good extras are the Hellsing Ulitmates. And compared to the other dvds in my collection- a large majority of them cost $20 at the most.

And good for you being able to shop on the internet. Not everyone can. (and im not trying to be rude, but its true)

As for the japanese paying more...my thoughts= sucks to be them. Everyone gets upset when they starts charging $40 for two subs episodes- and many people don't buy those dvds here.

Because its not something were use to now. If Adv tried to charge you $40 a dvd i'm sure many people would stop buying.

and sabriyahm...i'm not following you. if the person has already dled the manga then if they want to read it again they can- as its on their computer. And I think the 15million+ downloads on one of the manga sites I passed by last week begs to differ.

[edited to remove indirect "in before" statement ~Zalis]

Last edited by britannicamoore on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kenotic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:01 am Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Yeeeeeeeep, those people who don't pay for anime aren't supporting the creators. Silly Japanese cable subscribers! (and don't give me that "but they are paying for anime" crap. We both know what I mean.)

I'll do it. They pay satellite subscription fees for some channels. They also pay an annual fee for a TV license to keep NHK afloat. They get commericals put into their programs as agreed to by the network and advertisers. If you want to pretend that fansubs with commericals stripped and floating around the internet years after they are licensed is the same thing as Japanese people watching their favorite shows on TV, go for it.

For me, this is an issue on fansubs that even the best intentioned subbers may not realize: a copy of a series won't go away after the series is licensed. It sticks around on a bunch of sites I don't need to link. They show up as phony DVD box sets on Ebay. Even if a fansubber thinks it'll stop after the show is licensed and boxed in the States, it won't. Your work will be sold as a bootleg at some seedy flea market or Ebay (pardon the redundancy) and someone else will be making money that should be going to the creators and company.

I'm also suprised that I can go over to a site run by Google and find episodes of plenty of series of Geneon while they're in crisis mode in the States. I can go elsewhere and get full episodes in higher quality, and no one seems to be doing anything about it. A few strongly worded C&D letters would probably shake things up.
zetsuie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quote
wow people who watch fansubs sure are brave

and i only have two words for next weeks question

it sucks
Cowboy Cadenza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
Not to knock those who (still) hate English dubbing. As well as the sub-only crowd. But, last I heard; during the release of Harry Potter in Japan, they dubbed the voices in Japanese.

I actually agree with you, but no, Harry Potter was released in English. At least, when I went to see Order of the Phoenix in Tokyo this summer, it was in English. They may have dubbed it at some later point, I suppose.
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quote
Aww, it's a little cookie-thief rabbit! So cute! I'm surprised no one's written something like, "Silly rabbit! Cookies are for kids!" or somethin' like that. It's nice to have a laugh after watching the end of the Ugly Betty season premiere and finding out about Geneon.

I just encountered the news about Geneon this evening. I'm not worried about the R1 industry, though, just upset about certain titles, specifically The Story of Saiunkoku. Good thing I made sure to pre-order the second volume. I loved the first disc so much, I'd rather have ten episodes than just five, and I figure I'm still supporting the show by buying the second disc and maybe some company will take notice of that. If enough people buy enough of the second disc, who knows? I mean, TRSI got shows like Piano and Emma, so it's not like it's impossible. If it were subtitle only, I'd still go for it. I've also always wanted to get Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure, Haibane Renmei, Last Exile, and Read or Die TV (and maybe Samurai Champloo and Kamichu!), but even with this news, I can't get those right now, so that bums me out a little. I might think about trying to get Dual!, though, because I just have a feeling that it wouldn't be picked up by another company (even Geneon didn't include it with their Signature Series like they did with all of the Tenchi series). I'm surprised that Geneon was thought to have more niche titles and not many blockbuster-type series. Maybe I didn't see that because I like a lot of their titles and I saw quite a few of them on TV. And maybe I also didn't see that because I'm not a business-minded person.

For me, I guess it's also a little sad because the first two anime shows I ever really got into thanks to stumbling upon them while they were playing on TV--Cardcaptors and Tenchi Muyo!--were from Pioneer, which became Geneon, of course. It's just weird to think that this is happening. It really keeps the truth that "nothing lasts forever" fresh in my mind.

May all the series that are being canceled mid-way find a home somewhere, someday! Anime smile
Cowboy Cadenza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Cowboy Cadenza wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

But on to bussiness. Frankly, the death of Genon does nothing on my soul. I think if they had dropped their prices they would have been a lot better off. The number of Genon titles vs. other anime compaines is crazy- I have less than 10 Genon shows. (complete- a few straggler dvds from the Suncoast going out of bussiness sale)

But frankly, i'm not disappointed in them leaving- I expected that. And I think (answering next weeks question) Bandi Visual better take a look at this- prices will fudge you over.

It seems like they caught a hint- I've seen KKM for less than their $30 norm. Which is awesome.

I think the biggest and scariest problem is the manga rats. I'd rather see bookstores crack down on them.

That rabbit is scary.
The flake makes me wonder- since the company is kinda dying does that mean the liscences either get picked up or get tossed back out there? Does that mean we could see brand new dubs of the shows we've bought- should they choose to do so?

You know, I hear a lot of people complaining about the prices of Geneon's DVDs, but isn't $29.98 the norm for most anime DVDs that have 4-5 episodes and decent extras? Am I missing something here? I mean, yeah, their box sets are ridiculous, but I never found their prices that unmanageable. I could always find most of their DVDs for less than $20 somewhere on the internet.

Most of my DVDs are from Geneon. While I'm really glad this happened just after I finished collecting Ergo Proxy, I'm still saddened by it and worried about the future of some series like Black Lagoon and Hellsing Ultimate. *sigh*

No it isn't. Any of the Genon dvds I have they have sparse extras at best. The only dvds i have with any good extras are the Hellsing Ulitmates. And compared to the other dvds in my collection- a large majority of them cost $20 at the most.

And good for you being able to shop on the internet. Not everyone can. (and im not trying to be rude, but its true)

As for the japanese paying more...my thoughts= sucks to be them. Everyone gets upset when they starts charging $40 for two subs episodes- and many people don't buy those dvds here.

Because its not something were use to now. If Adv tried to charge you $40 a dvd i'm sure many people would stop buying.

and sabriyahm...i'm not following you. if the person has already dled the manga then if they want to read it again they can- as its on their computer. And I think the 15million+ downloads on one of the manga sites I passed by last week begs to differ.

and great. I made it before the fansub debate got too heated and an added bonus: before the "I can afford to buy all the anime in the universe for my kids why can't you" rants.

Well, maybe a majority of YOUR DVDs have an MSRP of $19.98, but the vast majority of anime DVDs on the whole are marketed at $29.98. Occasionally you get a nice surprise like Noein volumes with 5 episodes each going for $19.98, but if you look at the listings on Righstuf, you'll see that Geneon's pricing for their DVDs really isn't any higher than other companies.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:21 am Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
On the subject of fans: I wholeheartedly agree with Zac; true fans support the artists of whatever it is they are a fan. If you truly appreciate something, it's only natural that you'd want to compensate the artist with more than just your words of praise.

No sorry, the more I think about it, the more I dislike this view. Its just another form of Elitism. Its really no different from the Fansub elitists who act like people who pay for Anime arent real fans. It comes down to saying: "If you don't agree with me then you're not a real fan." By all means, think fansub elitists or even just fansub users are dead wrong. But its really irrelevant to how much of a "fan" they are.
icepick314

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quote
only 2 titles I've bought from them were Patlabor 1 and 2 LE year and half ago...I thought the extras that mirrored Japanese release with artbooks and remastered audio tracks made it worth $60 that I paid for each of them...

now it's 2007....

I've been looking forward to Galaxy Angel Rune by Bandai Visual because I'm a big fan of the series...but after their announcement of pricing and release, I have yet to buy any more Bandai Visual releases...

their questionable pricing is first turnoff for me...I believe price should reflect the quality and quantity of the material but ONE single TV episode at $20 MSRP with barebone materials and do English dubbing?

then rest of the volumes are at $50 MSRP with 4 episodes...unless those are HD release with boxset, there's no way I'm gonna buy them even with $15 off MSRP...

from what I understand, BV is treating US market same way as Japan where anime pricing is premium...but anime fans in US are still niche market...anime maybe somewhat mainstream more so than several years ago but still can't be treated as if fans will buy no matter what the price is...

BV should have looked at how other anime sells and price them accordingly...I do shopping spree almost everytime there's sale at Rightstuf.com...but for BV's release, there's no way I'm paying $35+ for 4 episode TV series with no English dubbing...Media Blaster also has few titles with no English track but the price is at $20 MSRP and can find them under $13...it does have very minimal extras but it's priced as it should be...

I think BV should rethink US pricing for their titles and don't treat US anime fans same way as Japanese anime fans...they're totally different animals...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
First off, I really feel sorry for the situation that Geneon has found themselves in. The series and CDs I've bought from them were packaged and presented as nicely as I could wish for; the art book that was included with the first Haibane Renmei volume was just spectacular. For the sake of everyone, I hope that most of their titles do wind up in the hands of other distributors, particularly those that are still in the process of being released; I wasn't purchasing any of those series myself, but I have a great deal of sympathy for those who were. My main concern is actually with a few of the titles in their back catalog; I'm planning on picking up Trigun Remix 3-6 as soon as possible, and I would have liked to have bought the 7 or so Lupin volumes I don't own someday. I'm almost wondering if I'll get the chance at all to buy Samurai Champloo; the cost of buying either the individual volumes or the boxset has always been too prohibitive. With any luck, something will work out, so that the fans of the future don't have to scrabble around to find these excellent series.

It's been interesting reading all of the discussion about fansubbing as a whole, seeing as how I have a stance that hasn't come up much (although Cowboy Cadenza mentioned it a bit earlier). See, I started out my anime fandom watching series on [adult swim], and I still do most of my viewing between that channel and Sci-Fi's Ani-Mondays block. If a series that I want to watch isn't being aired on cable somewhere (or via some legal streaming service, such as Toonami Jetstream), the only way I'm going to see it is by downloading fansubs or DVD rips. I'm not willing to spend money on a series I've never seen and don't know if I'll like (heck, I don't even have enough money to spend on all the series I have seen and love dearly), and I've kind of always seen that particular view as rather absurd.

To make the comparison, would any of you out there buy a season box set of an American television series without tuning first to watch said series? I'm guessing that most of you would answer in the negative. Since the amount of anime airing on the basic cable I have available to me is (sadly) limited, the only way I'm going to be able to go out and sample new series is through less-than-legal means. I fully acknowledge that what I'm doing is a copyright violation, but I really don't have any choice in the matter; if these series were freely available on TV, I'd more than gladly watch them legally there. (And yes, I realize that a series airing on TV isn't actually free, since one does have to pay for cable, but I view that as a basic necessary service that's getting paid no matter what I happen to be watching.) That's one of the reasons I desperately wish the industry was more widespread, since it would mean that I wouldn't have to resort to doing something I'd rather not be doing.

Now, before anyone jumps on me and calls me an evil pirate, there's a natural (at least in my eyes) consequence to this. I will gladly buy the DVDs/CDs of any series that I download and enjoy, and I will gladly delete the files of said series on the day I unwrap said DVDs. In fact, I see it as my duty to do so. It may take me a while to buy them; I may be working on it for a good year (or far more)...but if it's licensed in this country, someday, I'll buy it. It's what's right by the creators, and it's what's right by my conscience (as corny as that may sound).

So yeah...I'm a full believer in "try before you buy," but I'm also a full believer in buying after you've tried. In my particular case, fansubs have brought more money into the industry than would have gone there if they didn't exist; I certainly never would have bought Haibane without seeing it first, and I'm damn glad I did. It's just one more way of looking at things in this debate.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Murasakisuishou wrote:
On the subject of fans: I wholeheartedly agree with Zac; true fans support the artists of whatever it is they are a fan. If you truly appreciate something, it's only natural that you'd want to compensate the artist with more than just your words of praise.

No sorry, the more I think about it, the more I dislike this view. Its just another form of Elitism. Its really no different from the Fansub elitists who act like people who pay for Anime arent real fans. It comes down to saying: "If you don't agree with me then you're not a real fan." By all means, think fansub elitists or even just fansub users are dead wrong. But its really irrelevant to how much of a "fan" they are.

Forgive me, but I don't understand how a fan can say "Oh, yeah, I really love this anime, but I don't love it enough to spend money on it."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:33 am Reply with quote
Cowboy Cadenza wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
Cowboy Cadenza wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

That rabbit is scary.

and great. I made it before the fansub debate got too heated and an added bonus: before the "I can afford to buy all the anime in the universe for my kids why can't you" rants.

Well, maybe a majority of YOUR DVDs have an MSRP of $19.98, but the vast majority of anime DVDs on the whole are marketed at $29.98. Occasionally you get a nice surprise like Noein volumes with 5 episodes each going for $19.98, but if you look at the listings on Righstuf, you'll see that Geneon's pricing for their DVDs really isn't any higher than other companies.

I don't know where you've been buying from then. Maybe your store has different prices. I know by company- ADV & Funi at Best Buy run anywhere from $19.99 to $24.99.
80% of the Genon dvds cost $30.
I think $5 to $10 is a lot more per dvd.

Edit:
As for rightstuff im looking at thier prices on some dvds I just bought and their prices are easily $6 or $7 more than I paid for mine. Even at "your price"

That's not a discount. I don't think people buy from Rightstuf when the items aren't on sale. Because if they do (unless they have the got anime card) they're getting screwed. I can see now why you have such a messed up idea about the prices of dvds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 15