• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Reader Survey

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormwaltz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Which of the following video gaming platforms do you currently own?

This question didn't offer the opportunity to choose my near-exclusive gaming platform - the desktop PC. I use that daily while my PS2 gathers dust in the TV cabinent.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:43 am Reply with quote
I agree with those mentioning the lack of PQ/AQ quality as a factor for DVDs a bit odd. I think that this is an increasing factor considering how many posts recently have revolved around DVDs that have video problems and the shift to HD formats. I chose price point, since this is also an issue in regards to the new formats, but this is really secondary to the quality of the transfer.

I also debated if I should answer the video games section, since although I do play games in the 14+ hours category I do not want to see ANN turn into yet another game forum. There are so many other really good games sites that are already established and I don't want to see this site overrun by gamers since there are so few good anime sites.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I also debated if I should answer the video games section, since although I do play games in the 14+ hours category I do not want to see ANN turn into yet another game forum. There are so many other really good games sites that are already established and I don't want to see this site overrun by gamers since there are so few good anime sites.

This is of course complete guess.

But I imagine that that info will help determine better rates on advertisment. Where the more people who visit are also gamers, the more money game ads will be worth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Stormwaltz wrote:
This question didn't offer the opportunity to choose my near-exclusive gaming platform - the desktop PC. I use that daily while my PS2 gathers dust in the TV cabinent.
They probably didn't include the PC since it's not a dedicated gaming platform. I also use my computer for much more of my gaming (due to an addiction to The Sims 2) but my PS2 gets the occasional work out. (Though as often with old PS1 games as PS2. Azure Dreams is an addictive game.)

About the "Which of the following features on Anime News Network do you frequent the most?" I do check the news section every time I come in, but I spend so much time in the forums, occasionally I get news there before it's on the front page! Kind of wish there'd been some dual choice options.
TheoryGirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Just curious, why wasn't there a Columns option for the What Do You Use Most question?
For one of the questions, I put Netflix, but I really use Blockbuster.com. Just so you know.
And why wasn't there an Other option for the music question? I mean, the music I listen to the most is Showtunes, but since that isn't there (and usually isn't in these kind of polls), I would have settled for an Other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RezSav

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Stormwaltz wrote:
Quote:
Which of the following video gaming platforms do you currently own?

Yeah, where was the PC option?
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quote
As someone else said, the PC isn't a "video gaming platform", it's a PC, which can be used to play games. Little difference.
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
What the hell? Country music wasn't listed as among the genres of music to listen to? Did they lump that in with pop?
Vortextk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Is there a way to see my own answers after the fact?(Will forget atleast a few of my own...heh) I think it's the first survey I've done on ANN.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2