• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Yume Kira Dream Shoppe GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
I might have to pick up this one...it sounds like the sort of thing I'd enjoy. I've never bought a one-volume manga before, and that's actually sort of the appeal to me--I don't have to worry about collecting any more volumes.

(...Yeah, I'm feeling a little cheap right now. >>;; )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:11 am Reply with quote
I didn't care much for the series when I read it in Shojo Beat, but I must say that I think it's really great to see some shorter series being licensed (Backstage Prince, another SB title, was only a little longer than this one).
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The glossy cover uses a pink-dominated color scheme sure to discourage non-shojo fans.
I don't know, I'm not exactly a big shoujo fan but I'm kind of drawn to the color pink. Embarassed

This sounds like an interesting set of stories and I do like the themes mentioned. I have to admit, I'm developing a fondness for one-shots and anthologies.
Celes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really enjoy this in Shojo Beat because I felt that all the stories were the same (the heroines for each one definitely all looked the same in black and white) and I could easily predict what the endings would be, but if my library ever picked up the GN I would read it again in that format for the extras.
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm buying it in hopes that they lisense Milk Crown.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1