• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNual Pumpkin Carving Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkinTheSun1251

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
So when do they announce who the winners are?

... or did I just miss it somewhere?
Akukame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Its only been a couple days since the contest ended. Give them some time to judge and get the gallery made.

I think the last couple years its been say... 2 weeks or so after the ending date.
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote
FANSTASTIC!!!!!

applauds the artists

Awesome job guys!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Steel Angel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Some really good ones this year. The amount of detail for some of them are truly artistic.

Good luck to those who entered.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the XXXholic and Mushshi ones are AMAZING. Props to those pumpkin carvers.
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I personally like the first two entries on the page. The Mushishi and Jigoku Shoujo pumpkins. There was so much attention to detail in those two pieces and that detail made them simply stunning. The detail in the Jigoku Shoujo pumpkin were especially striking. Especially in the eyes and strings of hair. AisuruMirai, if you are reading this, you did an awesome job.

Last, but not least, the XXXholic pumpkin stands out the most. The level of detail in that entry is simply exquisite. Jenna Singleton, you deserve much praise for your craftsmanship.

I also congratulate the other pumpkin carvers on their works, as well. This was a really wonderful display of artistry.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they're all so gorgeous! I especially like the xxxHolic, Mushshi, Hellsing, Wild Adapter and the Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek ones. Gotta love the details of the eye from Jigoku Shoujo too.
And is that a zucchini I see there? Very Happy
SkinTheSun1251

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Akukame wrote:
Its only been a couple days since the contest ended. Give them some time to judge and get the gallery made.

I think the last couple years its been say... 2 weeks or so after the ending date.

Ahh, thanks. I haven't been here for the previous ones, so I wasn't sure how long it'd take.

Bah. They're all so good. My poor EVA 01 has no hope.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I was really proud of my Konata pumpkin, but unless they're going for a less is more sort of thing, doesn't look like I'll have any chance x.x Always next year, I suppose. I'll have to come up with something real intricate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
The Haro pumpkin is extraordinarily awesome. My favorite pumpkin ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
The Hell Girl one is amazing, and I love the EVA one because of the eyes, but my absolute favorite is Haro. Definitely deserves extra points for originality.
Akukame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow, some people really went all out this year. I'm really blown away by some of them.

I really have to hand it to AisuruMirai and Jenna Singleton, those don't even look like they could have been done with a knife... atleast none of the ones I was using. Anime hyper I'm going to have to up my game if I do this again next year.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I must say, as a Holloween season theme, the Eva one really takes the cake. It's so deliciously evil. Twisted Evil

And I'm not even a rabid EVA fanboy.

Ryuk looks pretty good too, as it was actually carved that way. Now that takes a steady hand.

I am probably going to get flamed for saying this, but is there anyway that they verify that these are actually pumpkins. Because frankly some of them could be anything, and there is no way to tell. Hopefully they all had to send in a picture of the pumpkin with the lights on to verify.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SkinTheSun1251

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
I must say, as a Holloween season theme, the Eva one really takes the cake. It's so deliciously evil. Twisted Evil

And I'm not even a rabid EVA fanboy.

Thank you VERY much. Gives me some hope for MAYBE getting a runner up prize. There really were a lot of good pumpkins though.

Dargonxtc wrote:
I am probably going to get flamed for saying this, but is there anyway that they verify that these are actually pumpkins. Because frankly some of them could be anything, and there is no way to tell. Hopefully they all had to send in a picture of the pumpkin with the lights on to verify.

That would probably be a good idea for next time. Although, I had to send my second image in with the lights on, because you couldn't read the piece of paper in the dark, so a lot of people probably did that.

... But that person with the zucchini wasn't even trying to fool the judges. They couldv'e at least painted it orange or something.
Yoshball

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I would have to say that the quality of pumpkins this year is far superior to that of years previous. Many of the carvers did a lot of detail and worked with shading to give a fairly accurate representation of the original.

I agree with another poster that those first two are best in the bunch, but there are so many good ones to choose from.

However, THREE pumpkins with Haruhi with an H in the background? How did that happen?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7