• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Big breasts ruining anime?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fruitsbasket94

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Im a girl and I do agree that the big breasts can get annoying. Your right, its distracting from the anime but its just something you have to put up with. Its like sex scenes in movies, there not usually necessary but its just there.
Makasu_des

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
i dropped that anime 3 eps in, just to stupid and as for the massive boobs well, its as a driving factor in my anime drop list, rly ecchi anime with nothing to it but stupid lil ecchi stuff happening, i don't watch....anymore, but people are still into it so meh, anime has grown in such a way these past few years that it should have its own genre list, as if varies so much throughout.
Fairli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I don't really like the huge breasts factor, because they try to draw on the sex factor so much. It really disgusts me, because it just ruins the art in (Eiken, Dragonaut).

I mean, maybe 1 girl among maybe 20 is acceptable. But thats still very borderline. The extremely large breasts make the girls extremely repulsive.
wizardz199

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I find the big breasts in anime to be unnessecary sometimes and at times downright good for the male audience, but to have them for the sake of having them. That's retarded!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Hell no-the bigger and bouncier the better-but only up to a point-ones as big as those on display in Eiken are just gross!
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I like big boobs and I cannot lie

(SOME IMAGES MAY BE SEMI-NSFW)

Now I didn't just post all those links to be annoying and abuse the text link feature. I think those women, who are all nicely-endowed, are attractive without their boobs being ridiculously OVERsized. They are, IMO, sexy, well-designed females whose attributes aren't "obnoxious" in the least. Having a female with assets that are eye-pleasingly large but not grossly outsized can be a positive thing for a show, if you ask me. There are, however, cases where the boobs are like these things that will consume your flesh.
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah-just ask Dolly Parton about that.
BlueCorona

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I find it annoying, but then I'm not big on fan service either. There is just something wrong about them being ridiculously big
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
farichada

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Hmm at least it's not small breasts ruining anime. Lolicon is worse than typical large breasted fanservice. The trend of all these new lolitsundere shows like Shana and Toradora! is quite unnerving. Delicious flat chest syndrome seems to infecting anime and I think it is borderline disturbing at the very least. Honestly, I don't care for fanservice of any kind but this lolitsundere trend is even worse!!
TheresaJayne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:35 am Reply with quote
I find i can shut out the breast size, I enjoy Divergence Eve for the story, i actually dont notice their breasts at all.
I also liked the idea behind rushuna in grenadier but think they just gave her big breasts for the nifty reload sequence.

Still as I am sure any other girls will attest, we don't really notice our own breasts they are just part of us and just the same as any of you guys arent always aware of that little thing between the legs....
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote
TheresaJayne wrote:

...and just the same as any of you guys arent always aware of that little thing between the legs....

...we aren't? Razz
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
TheresaJayne wrote:

...and just the same as any of you guys arent always aware of that little thing between the legs....

...we aren't? Razz

I know I am, sometimes even daily Wink
animeboy12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote
TheresaJayne wrote:
I find i can shut out the breast size, I enjoy Divergence Eve for the story, i actually don't notice their breasts at all.
I also liked the idea behind rushuna in grenadier but think they just gave her big breasts for the nifty reload sequence.

Still as I am sure any other girls will attest, we don't really notice our own breasts they are just part of us and just the same as any of you guys arent always aware of that little thing between the legs....

It can become a problem if it becomes to big though, but so can anything these days

Anyway, I wish more people had that opinion. It was so annoying going to the Witchblade to discuss how good the series was yet all most people want to talk about it how they hated the big breasts, scantly-clad women, or some other stuff that didn't matter to the story, which was pretty good.

I don't know there something weird to me about when people say they want deep interesting characters yet can't look past a pair of breasts [/b]
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
TheresaJayne wrote:

...we aren't? Razz

I know I am, sometimes even daily Wink

*spit take*

Yeah, um, about that...for a LONG time in middle school and early high school, my only friends were guys, and they "raised me as one of their own," if you will.

Let's just say they spent a substantial portion of LAN parties talking about how their junk was making them uncomfortable, etc. I learned terms I've never considered before, as a chick. Does anyone else know what a BFNAR is? (Pronounced "biffnar.") I'm not going to define it, but it would be a good reason to be aware of the small things about, so to speak.

I think guys are far more aware of their genderal peculiarities than we women are, but then again, they weirdly attach more pride to it as well. I mean, size competitions? For real? Girls don't do that, I mean I know a lot of washboard women are self-conscious, but we don't do that whole "compare silly merits you didn't even earn yourself thing..."

Okay, that was random, but this is a bit of a lowbrow topic anyway.

Personally, giant breasts don't bother me in anime, I can even find them mildly amusing if they're cleverly joked about, (poor Mikuru!) but what actually repulses me, no matter the size of the breasts involved is STUPID and GRATUITOUS fanservice. Normal fanservice used like a spice, now that's funny. What's not funny is something like DearS or Amazing Nurse Nanako where I slowly lose my faith in the human race. Yay for encouraging men to be pigs and women to be sheep. Rolling Eyes

But just the occasional giant-breasted woman is kinda funny, depending on how it's portrayed. And yeeeeah, I know the guys like it. I'll never fathom the tit-fascination myself, but it's just in their genes...
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quote
TheresaJayne wrote:

That's odd, because I got quite the opposite impression after working several summers (more years ago than I care to think about) at a camp that had several all-girl sessions. Some of the comparative anatomy discussion sessions in the shower buildings were... Shocked And no, I was neither peeping nor eavesdropping - it wasn't necessary. Once you got more than about 3 girls involved the entire concept of "sound travels" tended to go right out the window. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 17