• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Network Expands with RCN

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dachande

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:22 pm Reply with quote
How can I find out what channel it is on? I live in Savannah and really would like to find out how to be able to watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:27 pm Reply with quote
It an On-Demand channel so you have to order it. Here's their website.

The more it expands the better, maybe soon it'll hit the Bay Area.
Dachande

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Ok. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kiyoko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Aww, this sucks. Anime cry I live in PA and I have RCN. But why does the Anime Network have to be on Digital all the time? My parents flat-out refuse to get Digital Cable. Plus since it'll be Impulse on Demand, it'll be even more expensive cause you have to pay for both Digital Cable and $3 to $4 for either each show, or every 24 hours in order to watch it. ><;
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Its a good sign though, they are taking more and more steps and eventually it should be available most anywhere. If it proves to be a viable option they may change over to a regular cable network (at least can hope so...) assuming they can get plenty of advertising. A few edits may have to be made here and there but they will deffinately be allowed to get away with more than CN since they'll be allowed to air TV-MA shows if they wish.
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, and I hear that they seem to be obtaining more animes than Anime Unleashed. With their recent animes; Wedding Peach & Chobits. Man this' gonna be like the Cartoon Network of AN, only in anime form Laughing

Well, actually the same thing might happen like when Comcast entered into our t.v. I got ABCFamily as a viewable network (it was previously that you would need to call to get it installed). But if they bring in networks like TechTV or The Anime Network, there would need to be a network reshuffling. Like it would be hard to find older t.v networks (like A&E, CN, International Channel etc)...
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:02 pm Reply with quote
If you live in one of the cities that has the channel and you have the digital cable package with the cable company, you need to find out how to access the onDemand channels for your specific cable company. (With Comcast in Philly, there's an onDemand selection in the main menu, then you click on Cutting Edge, then you click on The Anime Network.) I'm not sure specifically how it works in Savannah, but try poking around the main menu of your digital cable box.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Kiyoko wrote:
Aww, this sucks. Anime cry I live in PA and I have RCN. But why does the Anime Network have to be on Digital all the time?

Because VOD technology requires digital.

... I think.
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Arrrgh! Mad I have DirecTV! And my local digital cable company carries it! I just switched too... Crying or Very sad
I hope it comes to satellite soon.
KoS_Makenshi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I got TWC and I live in NYC. I don't see The AnimeNetwork VOD channel. Do i have to call them to get it? Also, do i have to pay for each anime ep?, or is it like a monthly subscription thing?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:57 pm Reply with quote
KoS_Makenshi wrote:
I got TWC and I live in NYC. I don't see The AnimeNetwork VOD channel. Do i have to call them to get it? Also, do i have to pay for each anime ep?, or is it like a monthly subscription thing?

You shouldn't have to call them, but you would need to check with your specific provider. (Make sure you have digital cable though Wink ) As for the paying issue, in Philadelphia I do not have to pay anything for it. (Other than normal digital cable fees) But I do not know if that is true for every market.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:32 am Reply with quote
Sweet, it's coming to Virginia and Pennsylvania. It's only a matter of time for it makes it's way to (my lovely state) Louisiana.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:42 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Because VOD technology requires digital.

... I think.

Tempest speaketh the truth. About two years ago, I could have told you why, but I've since forgotten.

And by the way, HURRY UP WITH THE WEST COAST ALREADY! Sheesh...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:25 am Reply with quote
Yes from the list I just saw it's finally available in my area Yahhooo!!!
Shorty22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:14 pm Reply with quote
#1Evafan wrote:
It's only a matter of time for it makes it's way to (my lovely state) Louisiana.

According to the list, it's already available in Louisiana... in Shreveport. Too bad that's not where I live. Doesn't really matter anyway, since I don't have digital cable either. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2