• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Tops September Graphic Novels in U.S. Bookstores

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote
My younger sister bought Sailor Moon & Codename: Sailor V just last week! Very Happy (I would have bought my own copies, but we live in the same house anyway, plus they only had 1 Sailor V left...)

I'm super glad that it's doing so well. I knew it'd do fine the first week of its release, but I didn't think it'd be #1, let alone top the charts for multiple weeks! Very Happy

I think it's wonderful to see a shoujo title (and a magical girl one at that!) do so well, especially in a world where some people (mainly just DC) completely ignore the fact that women do read graphic novels Razz
Venussama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I am sooooo glad this is doing so well Very Happy I'm a huge long-time fan and it's nice to see it geting re-released and see that it's doing this good!

Hopefully a lot of people can now love it for it's original manga version and realize there's more too it than the terribly dubbed anime xD
Hope this has made a lot of long-time fans like myself as happy as I am! and hopefully made some new fans out of people who either didn't know this was available, or never had chance to get it the first time round. More Moonies is always a good thing!

I have been a fan since I can remember and have all the original manga and GNs, but I will still be getting all these new released ones as they are just so beautiful! And I'm just obsessed with buying anything SM related!

LONG LIVE SAILOR MOON! Very Happy
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Well nice to see Sailor Moon representing. I;m not really surprise the manga would sell well in US. I knew Sailor Moon revival would get a lot of her fans attention. I hope this manga sales can send a message to Toei: "Yes we want Sailor Moon in US now!!!"
This X 1,000,000. Not just the US, but the world, pure and uncut. Wink
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Next time I go to Barnes and Noble I'll have to buy the manga. I've never seen the anime because when it was on in the US I was only about 4 or 5 so I really didn't get the chance to experience it. And now that the Manga has been released I get to experience a piece of anime history! Very Happy
Hellfish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Awesome O.o It came late to my local comic shop though I guess diamond and Kodansha didn't expect to sell so well.

Beatdigga wrote:
I can hear the profanity laden tirades at the DC comics offices already.

I honestly doubt they are able to see beyond their own noses, but it would be amusing to see all the trades of the reboot selling less than Sailor Moon Twisted Evil

I liked few of the titles of their relaunch but to be honest... I was more excited about Sailor Moon. Very Happy
Usagi04

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
I was so excited when I saw this! I've been a fan since '97 and really enjoyed this new translation. I've already pre ordered my copies of volume 2 of SM and SV.
Usagi04

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
I was so excited when I saw this! I've been a fan since '97 and really enjoyed this new translation. I've already pre ordered my copies of volume 2 of SM and SV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2