• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gantz: Perfect Answer DVD, BD Slated for January 17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Coming from someone who admits to never having watched the anime or read the manga, I thought the first movie genuinely rocked. I wasn't expecting much going in, but it really surprised me. So it's good to hear the second movie's got a release date, and time will tell for me personally whether this is definitely the best Japanese movie duology since the Death Note movies, although it's already feeling like that.
Tratious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah just thought I would point out that the licensor is New People Entertainment(formerly Viz Pictures) and the release is just distro'd by WB

Image: http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5030/gantzperfectwb01.jpg
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:16 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Coming from someone who admits to never having watched the anime or read the manga, I thought the first movie genuinely rocked. I wasn't expecting much going in, but it really surprised me.

And that's probably what millions of people who haven't watched the Akira film or read the manga could feel about the possible live-action movie too. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1