• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 1/1 Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing Vanship Completed with Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:14 am Reply with quote
"Pau Pau?" In Hawaiian, thats "Done Done."
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Pau Pau?" In Hawaiian, thats "Done Done."
To me, it looks like "Pau Pav", as the end of the second word is definitely lacking the "tail" to make it a "u", and its lines are too asymmetrically curved to be the graceful curve of a "u", and sport a nub on the upper left of the letter, something the "u" does not. Of course this all feels a bit boorish as in discussing the letters like this we have casually converted Phi to "P", which is a tad uncouth. Wink

From the preview still (ie:before one clicks play) the last letter could almost be an "n".

Anyhow, it's still impressive. Gonzo does some cool stuff, I'm glad they're still around. This vanship is actually about the size I was thinking it would be, seeing as how the 2 characters in it in all the promo shots look to be in the low single digits in age. Sadly this means that if I ever came across this, there's no way I could fit in it to get a picture Crying or Very sad

Now if only Animax could have splurged a bit on a proper English synopsis, as that is a quagmire of Engrish more befitting a spam email or classic Babelfish translation than an official statement. This is only a small step above "All your base are belong to us", and they have to know it.
gothung

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Ok, now that it's done, it looks a lot cooler. Looks hefty too. Guess I didn't read (or don't remember) the part of the article that said they were building the Vespa, because I was expecting a full-sized vanship. Oh well, still cool.

And now that I see the concept in a physical form, I think that with a few tweaks and allowances, this could make an interesting frame to build a motorcycle out of. Or maybe a snowmobile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1