• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: NisiOisin's Onimonogatari Light Novel Tops Chart

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamsterfactor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:02 am Reply with quote
The Monogatari series is at the very top of my need-to-have-licensed light novels at the moment.

Having more Zaregoto released would be great, too.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quote
ANN going to be regularly reporting the weekly light novel sales now? That's pretty cool.

Still has a long way to catch Index.
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:41 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
ANN going to be regularly reporting the weekly light novel sales now? That's pretty cool.

This one is the general books (including cooking stuff, diets, fanbooks for girlgroups and actors etc.) weekly ranking, which rarely has any light novels in it (since they generally have a standard format, they're in the "bunko"-format books ranking).
And also I don't think Onimonogatari, or any of the Monogatari books are considered light novels. Their publishing format being different and all. And since oricon has a separate light novel ranking, where it isn't included.
zato_1one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:01 am Reply with quote
The current best selling light novel is still Haruhi, right?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote
I believe that is correct. Or at least, I remember seeing a figure that had Haruhi LN total copies sold at around 15-16 million.
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:20 am Reply with quote
To be fair, all of Nisioverse novels have almost proportionality out sold Harry Potter(i.e. the population of Japan vs the population of the western world). Anything this man writes is a license to print money in Japan. you'd be hard pressed to find someone between the ages of 15-40 that hasn't read at least one of his books(I'm exaggerating but not by much)
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
J3N0V4 wrote:
To be fair, all of Nisioverse novels have almost proportionality out sold Harry Potter(i.e. the population of Japan vs the population of the western world). Anything this man writes is a license to print money in Japan. you'd be hard pressed to find someone between the ages of 15-40 that hasn't read at least one of his books(I'm exaggerating but not by much)

Could you explain better, please? I never heard of this and, being interested in novels in general, I'm now curious. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote
It's a really stupid stat honestly. If anything it just attests to Harry Potter's huge global influence. The population of the "western world" compared with that of Japan is pretty laughable. And it composes so many different cultures/languages whereas of course Japan is homogeneous.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1