• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Today's Poll

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eva05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:56 am Reply with quote
Greetings all,

My first post here. Huzzah Anime smile

Anyways, I thought something was rather odd in today's poll...

An option that probably should be included is:

I DL fansubs but I buy either the US licensed versions or the Japanese domestic releases when the American companies screw up the releases by cheaply mastering the discs, skimping on extras, or just dropping the ball by not including a Japanese language track on their DVDs.

There is of course the fourth and most inexcusable situation, a US company has altered or edited the animation itself such as in the case of the US release of the Evangelion TV series...

I know there have been many cases where I got US versions of anime DVDs and promptly returned them because the quality was so poor on them. It makes it very hard to trust some of these companies with future releases when they have such questionable track records! I mean why should I risk $25 on a DVD that may or may not be mastered well when I can get the Japanese version, which 99% of the time is handled with incredible care, comes with extra gifts and just DL the fan sub version?

Curious as to your thoughts...

j
Dejiko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:31 am Reply with quote
Hello and welcome to the forum! Smile

There is actually already a thread dedicated to the poll, so I'd advise you to post your opinion there Wink
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4518&start=0
eva05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Thanks much!

j
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1