• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swienke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
The beginning of this episode almost made me think of Yuno as a normal girl. Sure, she's a bit obsessed with Yuuki, but look at how cute and sweet she is in the amusement park!

Then I saw the end.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I wouldn't say that it was entirely unexpected, considering how so many people are always describing her as the yandere-to-end-all-yanderes, and I considered the spoiler[absence of her family at home] to be suspicious, but that was still creepy as all hell, particularly when she spoiler[followed Yuuki home and started saying goodnight to him through the mail slot].

On another note, am I a bad person for laughing hysterically at the notion that Yuno "has skeletons in her closet?" Laughing

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
spoiler[I wonder what those things were in Yuno's house. They looked like reapers or something like that.]

Maybe a manga reader would be able to tell us for sure, but I was under the impression that spoiler[she murdered her family and left them there to rot. What you're seeing are their corpses.]
opn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:04 am Reply with quote
@swineke
you two are spoiler[ correct those are her parents dead bodys after yuno killed them for various reasons and surprisingly it was justified and what they did to her was what made her so freaken crazy] episode two was great. i sorta expected them to cover the amusment park episode in that ep too due to time restraints but im glad they didn't. i still need to see episode three though.

Last edited by opn on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:21 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
@swineke
you two are correct spoiler[those are her parents dead bodys after yuno killed them for various reasons and surprisingly it was justified and what they did to her was what made her so freaken crazy] episode two was great. i sorta expected them to cover the amusment park episode in that ep too due to time restraints but im glad they didn't. i still need to see episode three though.

Dude don;t spoil people like that. You should have put spoilers over the first few words too.
4750G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:25 am Reply with quote
Oh, I guessed right, I was positive what Yuki saw was spoiler[her family which she murdered.]

I liked this third episode; while they were in the amusement part I found Yuno real sweet. Her reason for chasing after Yuki was also kinda cute. But damn, at the end of the episode I was freaked out all over again.
opn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
opn wrote:
@swineke
you two are *spoiler* spoiler[those are her parents dead bodys after yuno killed them for various reasons and surprisingly it was justified and what they did to her was what made her so freaken crazy] episode two was great. i sorta expected them to cover the amusment park episode in that ep too due to time restraints but im glad they didn't. i still need to see episode three though.

Dude don;t spoil people like that. You should have put spoilers over the first few words too.

sorry didn't think it was needed but i corrected it. episode three was pretty good. when yuno opened the mail thing i thought it couldnt have gotten creeper then it was in the manga....but they succeded and the same thing can be said about spoiler[12th] and 6ths encounter.
edit: also incase anyone wants to know future diary is now on funimation and nicos website.
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
gotta say i'm loving this series so far, episodes 1+2 where fantastic and although 3 was slower and seemed more of an intermediate episode starting, but not exposing, the next arc they really dropped a bomb for everyone to think about for the week, i know i certainly can't wait to find what happens next week after that
4750G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 4: spoiler[Revelation of two more diary owners, and one big pile of corpses.]

Wow. Gasai Yuno is a crazy bitch through and through. I'm really loving this show. I wonder who Yukiteru will choose?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:33 am Reply with quote
I kind of wish folks would consider making male crazy people interesting the way they do with female crazy people. But it's anime, so we just get pretty dull, disposable psychos.
opn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I kind of wish folks would consider making male crazy people interesting the way they do with female crazy people. But it's anime, so we just get pretty dull, disposable psychos.

actually....spoiler[all the male diary holders excluding yui are ALL insane especcily 11th and 10th actually pretty much anyone in this show is insane except for four or five] / spoiler end. anyway episode four was pretty good. 12th was great and im glad they gave him a power ranger esque voice. Laughing
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Yuno just gets better and better. I love her crazy laughs.

Yttrbio wrote:

Quite a few interesting male yangire out there. Hard to find male yandere though, can't even name a good one off the top of my head.
Raftina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Male yandere? Well, naming them would generally be inherently spoiling, but here are a few that I can recall at the moment:

spoiler[Solomon Goldsmith] from Blood+

spoiler[Ashley Links] from Solty Rei

Of the ones whose craziness stems from love, there are more, but these are the ones that best fit the pattern of breakdown from love-related developments, I believe.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote
Watched episodes 3 and 4.

I still stand by my complaints about episode 2. However, going forward they're actually doing a pretty good job of addressing some of those issues retroactively. Once we get to know Minene a bit more (and once she ditches silly costume) she becomes a much more believable character. Also, while I still think they're vastly underselling the significance of her crimes, I have to give the show credit for at least not just brushing it all off and immediately forgetting about it.

Overall, the show definitely seems to be on the upswing. After the low point of episode 2, it's gotten better each episode. Episode three dwelt a little longer that necessary in the realm of boring slice of life stuff. Although, to a large degree I'm okay with this as it falls under the Evangelion rule and was justified by the payoff at the end of the episode. Episode 4 was great. I like this kind of story with a lot of different factions all competing with one another. Also, they dynamic between Yukki and Yuno is getting very interesting. Also, at this point, the pacing issues that cropped up in episodes one and two have all but disappeared.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

I love this series. Especially Yuno, great character! Yukiteru's obviously spoiler[making a big mistake in trusting Yuno,] though it's no surprise and better that he spoiler[chose her at that moment, when Sixth seemed to be less nice than shown before. The raping parts were a bit... shocking. I personally don't think it's over the top if this doesn't repeat itself. ] I cannot believe spoiler[Yuno is sincerely all over 'Yukki' and isn't playing some show until the competition (the other numbers, another unforeseen enemy) seems defeated. Or there's some switch in her that makes her revert to unloving mode?] Either way, looking forward to the next episode. More!
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
spoiler[The raping parts were a bit... shocking. I personally don't think it's over the top if this doesn't repeat itself.]

Given that spoiler[Ninth was naked for no apparent reason, Sixth seems to be able to give her rapists orders, and Yuno's line about giving her virginity to Yukki was straight out of the hentai playbook (because that's the problem with being gang-raped)], I think a bit of concern about over-the-topness is appropriate. But who knows. Maybe Yuno plays the crazy successfully enough that I don't mind.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Yuno is a BEAST character. She is just full of pure awesomeness. I don't think Yukki is making a mistake spoiler[when he choose her, she would never betray her and I am kind of feeling sad one of them will die in the end, as I doubt the anime ends without their being a winner or maybe they somehow beat the God?]. I loved the car scene with Yuno and Yukki. He knows she isn't the perfect person but can't help it that he is falling in love with her. She has come through the tough situations for him. He basically owes his life to her.

So out of the 12 diary owners, spoiler[7 have been introduced with 3 of them being dead.] I wonder why the 4th let the 9th go for just her email. I don't believe the 4th will betray the alliance he has with Yuno and Yukki, as he is a legimate cop and I doubt he wants to be god, but who knows. I can't wait for the next episode, I want to read the manga but I feel like the episodes won't be as epic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 16