• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Galactic Heroes Author Does Yakushiji Mystery TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenkado-shujin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:
The Yakushiji Ryōko no Kaiki Jikenbo (The Strange Case Files of Ryōko Yakushiji) novel series from Yoshiki Tanaka (Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Sohryuden - Legend of the Dragon Kings, The Heroic Legend of Arslan) will be animated for television broadcast next year. The announcement was made in conjunction with the December 12 release of the latest novel in the series, Iyōbi ni Go-Yōjin.

Actually, the title of the latest novel in the series is Suiyōbi ni goyōjin 『水妖日にご用心』, which is given both in kanji and in katakana on the s-book.com page that the ANN article mentions. '水妖' means 'water sprite'. Shibata Jisaburō, who also translated Die Kultur der Renaissance in Italien into Japanese, translated Undine by Fouqué as 『水妖記』. Doi Mika once did the voice for Undine in an audio drama adapted from the work by Fouqué. '水妖日' is a pun on 水曜日 Wednesday, spoiler[as an incident related to a water sprite and water happens on a Wednesday in the novel].
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I am so looking forward to this, Yoshiki Tanaka yay!
tenkado-shujin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Update: The title of the latest novel has also been spelled correctly. Thanks, tenkado-shujin.

It's a pleasure.

Iyōbi ni Go-Yōjin

I thought that the ANN staffer had written about the day of (=゚ω゚)ノ ぃょぅ or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1