• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2007-12-12

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Nermal wrote:
The date format is throwing me off...

Someone made a mistake or typo, it should have been 2007-12-12. We use the ISO date format at ANN, yyyy-mm-dd.

Seeing people use mm/dd/yy really drives me up the wall, since it's non-intuitive, often unclear and can be mixed up with dd/mm/yy, which is used in many countries.

Going from largest to smaller or smallest to largest makes sense, jumping around doesn't.

(Yes, I know it's natural to say December 12th, 2007, but it's just acceptable to say the 12th of December, 2007).

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
KAtchan15 wrote:
lmao! I wonder who among the staff of ANN nina is? or the other characters. Hahaha

Nina isn't based on any one person at ANN. Although the story takes place at a fictional ANN, it's characters aren't based on ANN's staff.

-t
Jadress

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
KAtchan15 wrote:
lmao! I wonder who among the staff of ANN nina is? or the other characters. Hahaha

Nina isn't based on any one person at ANN. Although the story takes place at a fictional ANN, it's characters aren't based on ANN's staff.

-t

Yes, sadly I have yet to meet any of the ANN staff in person (except for Justin of course.. duh). But hopefully this might change next year. ^^ So yeah, the characters are not particularly based on anyone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, last week everybody comments on how they loved the bit-character throwbacks (as opposed to needing to reintroduce Nina a week or two prior.) This week, almost nothing but recalled folks .. I sense a conspiracy.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Hmm, last week everybody comments on how they loved the bit-character throwbacks (as opposed to needing to reintroduce Nina a week or two prior.) This week, almost nothing but recalled folks .. I sense a conspiracy.

Circumstantial, Robin makes the comics several weeks before they are posted.

I wish we could do all our columns like that, but it's not feaible with things that are time sensitive.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3