• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
C³ (Cube x Cursed x Curious) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 am Reply with quote
Since this is a series thread I don't -think- it's necroposting.

I just started watching this one. It was on my backlog but I'd lost the title. Luckily "Fear Kubrick" is a pretty easy name to remember so the show was easy to ID.

Ep1 -

I saw this ep when it aired but I don't remember it at all. I'm glad it's on blu-ray as the panty shots are nice and detailed. Fairly funny but nothing really stands out yet. But I was strongly assured to "keep watching".

I love that her cube form looks a lot like the detergent tabs I put in my dish washer.

Ep2 -

Wait wait wait. Am I watching a show about a cute girl personification of the freakin Lament Configuration!? BADASS!

I don't like that villain girl at all but I get the impression she's just a speedbump anyway.

Ep3 -

I'm loving the soul of this show. It reminds me of other underdog titles I loved like Night Wizard, 11eyes and Asura Cryin'. Extremely wonderful animation and I like the characters despite some of them being types I normally don't like so much.

Sad that my day-off marathon got cut short by an emergency. I'll try to slip in at least an episode each day somehow.

Advice to anyone who hasn't seen this yet: Judging an anime by it's first episode is, as always, a stupid thing to do. Give C³ 3 eps before deciding to keep it or toss it.
evilernie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
i liked this series alot and still kinda hope for a second season but probably not goona happen but i will read the light novels soon i have a few of them just no time lol
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Just finished it (with the OVA) and yeah, I really liked it. A great season end villain, open for an s2 if they ever manage it but it's also fine without one, and I actually liked Fear despite normally disliking her archetype.

The BGM is good although some of the tracks sounded like they came from a business' corporate informational video. The visuals and character designs were really fantastic. It had fanservice of all types but didn't dwell on it, greatly increasing the number of people I can show it to.

Important to note is that while this directing style if great for zany comedies it's also fantastic for a darker show like this one. I strongly recommend it to some people who like stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3