• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask/Kamen Joins Level-5's Girls RPG

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
I'd so love to play this
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
This is the only post of these "Level 5" press releases that is likely to get comments. I don't really think press releases like this are news, especially since there have been a total of 6 of these in the past two days. Almost seems like the news team is getting played.

I hope they are spending a lot of advertising $$ with you guys to get this kind of special attention.... Shocked
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:33 am Reply with quote
I fear this game won't come overseas. Licensing issues plus probably lots of voice work can be a problem. Does seem interesting. My problem is Level-5 has so many games coming and not actually releasing. There are many I'm interested, but fear they aren't going to bring over.

@ tuxedocat

All ANN is doing is reporting the news. They also post press releases for other types like manga and anime, so what's wrong when games that are interest to ANN do it? ANN doesn't have to post it, but they do. Some readers of the site do want to read the press releases. There are many stories here that don't have a comment, it doesn't mean anything really.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:10 am Reply with quote
It's not like I'm blaming ANN. I'm just a bit suspicious of the marketing team for level 5. There seems to be a lot of these "news stories" from them lately.

I've worked in periodical publishing (production manager) and have experience with how some of these marketing schemes work. We used to get spammed all the time with press releases re-formated as news briefs and sent to different members of our news dept. They even would re-format these press releases as articles, and send them to different members of our editorial department. Many times they would be cleverly disguised as actual solicited articles, to submission specifications, even with a personalized cover letter directed to an editorial dept. member: i.e. "Dear, ____, as per our earlier meeting, here is the article your editor-in-chief requested for publication..." You get the idea.

The whole idea is to get a ton of publicity for your product with constant news "updates" and fake "solicited" editorial without having to spend a single dime on actual advertising. It is a type of business spam, and I have seen a lot of it.

such as:

newsflash 1: Our new exciting ___ has a Name!

newsflash 2: Exciting new ____ details revealed!

newsflash 3: Exciting new images leaked for ____!

.....sort of like what I have been seeing on the ANN front page for Level 5. As long as they keep getting stuff on ANN's front page, they are going to keep spamming.

Yes, ANN publishes press releases, usually in the "Press Releases" section in the sidebar. That is where these belong.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:27 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
It's not like I'm blaming ANN. I'm just a bit suspicious of the marketing team for level 5. There seems to be a lot of these "news stories" from them lately.

Quote:

.....sort of like what I have been seeing on the ANN front page for Level 5. As long as they keep getting stuff on ANN's front page, they are going to keep spamming.

Yes, ANN publishes press releases, usually in the "Press Releases" section in the sidebar. That is where these belong.

None of these articles are press releases. Indeed, none of them are based on press releases, and the marketing team for Level-5 did not send any materials or advertising for them to ANN.

We're seeing a lot of news about Level-5 this weekend because the first convention entirely devoted to the developer is being held in Tokyo on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, Level-5 held a press conference about upcoming titles with many anime ties: a new anime announcement (Yōkai Watch), two popular franchises with anime adaptations (Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven), a new game announcement with animation by a prominent anime studio (Kaihō Shōjo by Bones), and new anime/manga characters in an upcoming game (Sailor Moon/Glass Mask in Kaihō Shōjo). That's why these titles have articles on ANN.

Again, Level-5 did not send out press releases or marketing materials for these articles. There's simply a lot of anime-related News and Interest items this weekend because of the convention.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 am Reply with quote
Ah, I see. Well, that's cool, I guess.

Nice to know this company isn't one of the kind I used to deal with.
naninanino

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote
Hanma Yujiro? Seriously?
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quote
I love that they've put their female staff on this, which gives me some hopes, but the idea that it's about "work to fashion and more" just keeps making me think of Lady Popular Anime hyper
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote
So do the male characters just pop up in random jobs or are they love interests a.l.a a dating sim? You just walk into a book shop and, hey, Tuxedo Mask owns it! I'm confused.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1