• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NHK's Domo-kun to Invade Nickelodeon in Early 2008

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Finally. It's been so quiet I was wondering if they were still doing this. I guess there's still hope for Akihabara @ DEEP after all.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I think I will... RUN AWAY - real quick like...
These shorts are scary man...
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote
There Herrrrrre..................

Also the news calls it is a stop-motion anime. Would that mean an encyclopedia entry needs to be made?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leebo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
There Herrrrrre..................

Also the news calls it is a stop-motion anime. Would that mean an encyclopedia entry needs to be made?

Hmm... stop-motion can be referred to as a type of "animation" sometimes, though it's unlike other forms of animation. I suppose if that connection was made, if it was at least partially conceived in Japan it would fit the requirements. I've not heard of many stop-motion animations from Japan, so I don't know if there's precedent in this.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Isn't this like five years too late? All the people who were in on the joke have moved on. Laughing
Seca

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Isn't this like five years too late? All the people who were in on the joke have moved on. Laughing

It still has to have some popularity as the merchandise is popping up. I've been a Domo fan for years and I still love him, I even got the Domo 2008 calendar as there really wasn't any anime ones I wanted. Plus, with Domo on Nick it should introduce him to a legion of young fans that didn't get into him when he first came about on the net.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1