• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - December 29 - January 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billyarnie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
don't forget FUNimation has its own channel.

I haven't forgot; no offense, but that's irrelevant to the Witchblade issue. IFC has it, end of story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quote
TheVok wrote:
Also of note, 'Black Lagoon' a couple of days ago got away with the phrase "f**king c**t" on G4 in the 8pm timeslot. You definitely don't hear that in the U.S. on non-premium cable ....

IFC says stuff like that a lot.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Also of note is the Naruto marathon on YTV from 6pm to 9pm Dec. 31st, although it's uncertain whether they will be new episodes or repeats.
TheVok

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
And YTV also has a 'Death Note' marathon later tonight ... nine episodes' worth, I think ... and presumably the first nine, with no new debuts.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Adult Swim loses the rights to air Futurama after the 1st of the New Year, so they are of course running it until then as much as possible. Which means, sadly, Canada is the only place in North America to get new Death Note for the week. Alas, my American brothers!

Ahhh, something about the rapid-fire mini-marathons seemed a little more out of place than the usual filler fare. Also explains why the listings only give the default show description rather than episode specific ones.

Though the marathon I find most interesting is ShoB running the complete Chrono Crusade series. Don't intend to watch it (seen it enough times through,) but it is a nice way to send it off since I suspected they would shuffle it to the bottom of the pile after hitting the last episode this weekend.

Guess I need to decide whether to watch Witchblade or write it off. Should probably remind myself if I get that channel first ... survey says, no.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:52 am Reply with quote
Mother (expletive deleted), I knew I should've checked my God (expletive deleted) mail for one (expletive deleted) day and do some mother (expletive deleted) God (expletive deleted) research for once. I figured something big was happening this week. Missing Witchblade and Akira? There's no (expletive deleted) excuse for that (expletive deleted).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quote
simmererdown wrote:
rocklobster wrote:
So, with a hole in the AS schedule, does that mean Bleach will come back to fill the void?

It's coming back with new episodes March 1
Repeat episodes start this week at 11 to lead into the new episodes in March.

And Death Note moves up to 11:30 making an all anime line up on Sat. See the complete new schedule here.
billyarnie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Missing Witchblade and Akira? There's no (expletive deleted) excuse for that (expletive deleted).

No, but apology accepted. You probably won't do that mutha (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) again... I hope.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
Apparently it was missed that YTV decided to air four episodes of Naruto (reruns of course), The FMA movie and I think nine episodes of Death Notes on New Year's. Additionally, Akira aired on Teletoon at 10pm yesterday (it's 1am now and it just finished a while ago) and will be airing today (Saturday) at 8pm. And hopefully you won't forget that Appleseed will be on at 10pm next Friday on Teletoon.

Of course, I'm speaking from North of the border. I was really surprised both times. I didn't expect all the anime this week that we got. Even if many of them were reruns on Monday. It just really caught me off guard. And the airing of Akira in particular was a problem since Death Note came on at the same time and though I'm not a regular viewer of Teletoon, I was lucky I browsed by it and noticed it was anime and therafter Akira.

Anyways, I hope that Appleseed makes it on the next installment of 'The Click' so not to leave people like myself browsing around in surprise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2