• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tiger & Bunny TV Anime to Get English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear it, hopefully this will show up on AS sometime next year or 2013.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

They have also been using Bang Zoom as well for recent titles like Kekkaishi & Vampire Knight.

Kekkaishi is Studiopolis and Salami, not Bang Zoom.

I stand corrected then. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Here's hoping we don't have to wait 3 years for a home video release like with InuYasha Final Act.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote
A dub seemed kind of obvious with this one. I hope they manage to get it on tv. As far as voice actors go if Blum is used I hope he is the voice of Lunatic instead of Kotetsu. His voice is a little too weak to be Kotetsu.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I'm shocked ... shocked to find that gambling is going on in here.

Well, this is good news and pretty sensible. I suppose that it will be an Los Angeles production then. I look forward to seeing who will be cast. Anybody want to make odds on the chance that Steve Blum'll be slotted in somewhere?

Imagine if they can find a spot for Kevin Conroy! Laughing
Asuron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I think the name Tiger and Barnaby could work, assuming they air it on TV, because if this got put on American TV it would be an instant hit.

Except for one episode in the whole thing, kids could watch it without facing the issue of censorship. The only problem would be if they edited that episode, would it have the same impact?

As soon as I see this though on dvd, its an instant buy for me.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Zags wrote:
Most obvious announcement ever.

Still, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

lol Same. I figured with how geared this show is towards Western audience appeal it stood as good a chance as anything.
darkonezero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

This was predictable. Next prediction: its air date on [Adult Swim] and a honest-to-goodness sequel.

I would order get Cartoon Network from direct tv if that happens~
Max465

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly disappointed Funimation isn't dubbing this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a giant Funimation fanboy or anything(Okay...I am) and I like Viz, but when I saw Kotetsu I instantly pictured Brandon Potter.

Botan24 wrote:
Divineking wrote:
I;ve got a few VA ideas so far. Let me know what you think

Kotetsu: Troy Baker or Travis Willingham
Barnaby: Johnny Young Bosch
Blue Rose: Michelle Ruff
Dragon Kid: Laura Bailey
Origami Cyclone: Yuri Lowenthal
Sky High: Patrick Seitz
Rock Bison: Kyle Herbert
Lunatic: Crispin Freeman
Maverick: Kirk Thorton

I have been waiting to do this and now that Divineking has so graciously gotten the ball rolling:

Kotetsu: has to be Steve Blum...has to
Barnaby: I toyed with the idea of JYB, but I'm leaning toward Troy Baker.
Blue Rose: Michelle Ruff is indeed a good choice. I'd have no problems with her.
Dragon Kid: No. I love Laura Bailey, but this calls for Hilary Haag or Monica Rial.
Origami Cyclone: Yuri? I didn't even consider him, but that's a nice fit.
Sky High: Seitz? Not bad, but I'd rather have Jason Douglas or, better yet, Andrew Love.
Rock Bison: I like the idea of Kyle Herbert, but John Swasey wouldn't be too bad either.
Lunatic: Crispin Freeman...all the way, baby. Wink
Maverick: Oh, Kirk Thorton...you know I often forget about him. That's not a bad choice. I would like him or Chris Ayres, though Ayres voice might be a little too...unrefined.

And one more that you didn't mention:
Agnes: Luci Christian just seems to fit so well.

I have no other voices in mind. My problem with Steve Blum is that he's either too serious (Strait Jacket) or too silly (Gurren Lagann). I also just don't see his voice working as Kotetsu. I'll just wait and see if Viz finds somebody interesting. Troy Baker's voice is kind of low, as is Travis Willingham

Barnaby, could be JYB, but honestly...again? I kind of want someone else. But if it is him, I can accept it, for it will work.

I kind of wouldn't mind hearing Kate Higgins as Blue Rose. Michelle Ruff wouldn't be bad either.

Laura Bailey make a fantastic Dragon Kid. Monica Rial is a good Actress, but her voice is too high for Dragon Kid

Yuri Lowenthal as Origami Cyclone would be great. I'm honestly surprised that voice didn't come to my mind.

OH MY GOD!! Andrew Love as Sky High, YES! A thousand times Yes! I'm kind of annoyed, because I'm almost positive it won't happen, and now you've gotten my hopes up. Anime hyper

Rock Bison is where I could see Travis Willingham. He has the right voice for it.

Troy Baker is who I was thinking as Lunatic. Crispan Freeman would do a good job too though.

Kirk Thorton as maverick is fine.

As is Luci Christian as Agnes.
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
Re: the title, I don't know why people want it changed. Those who would avoid it just because of the "Bunny" in the title would probably avoid it after hearing Kotetsu call Barnaby "Bunny" in the story - and you can't work around that because it's a plot point. Plus, the title appears in the story as well ("Tiger and Bunny, over and out").

If they do promotion right people won't have misconceptions about the series, Bunny or no Bunny.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 am Reply with quote
Bunny is funny. I don't think the title should be changed at all.

As for casting, I am a Troy Baker fan. I think he could do a number of roles for this show, but my guess is that he would be absolutely hilarious as Fire Emblem. (Remember him?)
Botan24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quote
Max465 wrote:
OH MY GOD!! Andrew Love as Sky High, YES! A thousand times Yes! I'm kind of annoyed, because I'm almost positive it won't happen, and now you've gotten my hopes up.

Hey, I can dream can't I? The list I posted is obviously just that, a dream team of people I'd like in those roles. Naturally, I know some only do union work (Freeman) and some seem to only do stuff for Sentai and Section23 (Love). But those are my choices, and I'm entitled to them...dammit! Smile

tuxedocat wrote:
Bunny is funny. I don't think the title should be changed at all.

As for casting, I am a Troy Baker fan. I think he could do a number of roles for this show, but my guess is that he would be absolutely hilarious as Fire Emblem. (Remember him?)

Shoot, now I feel really bad for not mentioning Fire Emblem! Okay, but I do have some voices picked out for him as well. My choices are Chris Patton or Ethan Murray. Both of which can easily sound effeminate, as well as goofy.
Zump

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Since a number of people have listed suggestions for main characters' voice actors, I thought I might list some suggestions for a few supporting characters.

Kaede: Melissa Fahn
Ben Jackson: Beau Billingslea
Agnes Joubert: Mary Elizabeth-McGlynn or Cindy Robinson
Jake Martinez: Bryan Massey
Kriem: Karen Strassman
Mr. Legend: Jamieson K. Price
Samantha Taylor: Barbara Goodson
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Somehow,I'm not surprised that "Tiger & Bunny" are going to get an English language dub. There are,of course,a couple of anime that I wish would get an English language dub. One is an obscure anime called "Sci-Fi Harry." It's about a teenage boy with telekinetic powers. It's set in America and I'd wish someone would bring that to this country.
Another obscure anime I wish was brought here was "Legendz." It's also set in America. New York,to be precise. It's a "Pokemon"-type series that I wish someone would bring here. It sounds like an interesting show. I wish they'd get the lead out and bring it here already. I'd like to see it.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Here's my speculation for VAs for Tiger and Bunny:

Wild Tiger: Steve Kramer or Steve Blum
Barnaby Brooks Jr: Johnny Yong Bosch or Vic Mignogna
Blue Rose: Michelle Ruff
Sky High: Quentin Flynn
Fire Emblem: Troy Baker or Greg Eagles
Dragon Kid: Laura Bailey
Rock Bison: Jamieson Price
Origami Cyclone: Michael Sinterniklaas or Yuri Lowenthall

Lunatic: Doug Erholtz
Jake Martinez: Crispin Freeman

Agnes: Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Somehow,I'm not surprised that "Tiger & Bunny" are going to get an English language dub. There are,of course,a couple of anime that I wish would get an English language dub. One is an obscure anime called "Sci-Fi Harry." It's about a teenage boy with telekinetic powers. It's set in America and I'd wish someone would bring that to this country.
Another obscure anime I wish was brought here was "Legendz." It's also set in America. New York,to be precise. It's a "Pokemon"-type series that I wish someone would bring here. It sounds like an interesting show. I wish they'd get the lead out and bring it here already. I'd like to see it.

Alright, I can't take this anymore - you realize it's "Completely unnecessary and excessive" to use all three forms of emphasis punctuation every time you use a title.

Just "quotes" or just italics are all that's necessary - not combined, and underlining is just plain weird.

Somebody had to say it at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4