• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aoi Sekai no Chushin de (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Aoi Sekai no Chushin de (TV)

Genres: adventure, comedy, fantasy
Themes: ecchi, fanservice, parody, superpowers, war

Plot Summary In the battle for supremacy in Consume continent between parodical Segua (Sega) Kingdom and Ninteldo (Nintendo) Empire, the light-footed Gear (Sonic) appeared to defend his kingdom from the threat of Ninteldo's powerful emperor, Marcus (Mario).
----------------------------------

Episode 1
Oh that brutal ending in the beginning. Also, only 5 minutes in the episode and already a lot of action. I paid a lot of attention to Nel. She looks well designed Wink Oh but wait, there's someone even hotter.

Opal does seems to have some problems though especially regarding Gear. I like her sharpshooting skills though. A hot girl needs some hot skills. spoiler[Too bad it didn't go the way she wanted to during that brief duel. Now she has to do "anything"]

Well, overall I enjoyed watching this episode and looking forward to more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
This really felt like an eroge adaptation to me. Actually the original work is a manga, of which I am not sure if it is still ongoing or not.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
That first episode reminded me of both Queen's Blade and Shin Mazinger Z, of all combinations.

I admit, I was expecting something a bit... funnier. It feels like some guy with no sense of humor was handed a bunch of lines and settings. There's not even the slightest nod to the idea that setting itself, or Pervert McHole, may be jokes.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
It would be easy to be brutal with this title, but for some reason, I'm just gonna sit back and watch and mildly enjoy. I'm kind of a sucker for fantasy titles no matter how lamely they are done (hey there, Ragnarok).
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
The pacing in this is awful.

That aside, I dunno about this show.

Though, I do like the lesson it teaches: 'If you want a girl to like you, spoiler[punch her clothes off]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I am pretty happy enough just to enjoy the game parodies/references. Like a big guy in red armor, mustache, rides a green dinosaur, and has a power of flames with the fast, blue haired, with white wrappings on arms protaganist. Mentions of Hard Wars, a guy who screams tetris, and more.

I do agree that it is kind of taking itself too seriously, a parody needs to be funny, there were a couple of shout outs with just running only going for first stage, but again it was serious. I would also say that I do not know a lot of Sega characters, I have always been more a nintendo fan, so I do not really like the idea of Nintendo being some sort of evil empire. I don't want to see the Nintendo characters I am fond of turn into 1 dimensional villains.

Would anyone be able to fill me in on what the princess and archer were a parody of?
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I am pretty happy enough just to enjoy the game parodies/references. Like a big guy in red armor, mustache, rides a green dinosaur, and has a power of flames with the fast, blue haired, with white wrappings on arms protaganist. Mentions of Hard Wars, a guy who screams tetris, and more.

I do agree that it is kind of taking itself too seriously, a parody needs to be funny, there were a couple of shout outs with just running only going for first stage, but again it was serious. I would also say that I do not know a lot of Sega characters, I have always been more a nintendo fan, so I do not really like the idea of Nintendo being some sort of evil empire. I don't want to see the Nintendo characters I am fond of turn into 1 dimensional villains.

Would anyone be able to fill me in on what the princess and archer were a parody of?

Opal is based off an obscure 80s sidescrolling shooter called Opa-Opa (which is known as Fantasy Zone in the US). I don't know which character you mean by "princess" though.

Anyway, not the best start to the show. The pacing was WAY too fast and for a show whose premise is, let's face it, HORRENDOUSLY silly it's kinda humorless and the rest of the jokes in it are kind of lame or stock. The game references are amusing, but I doubt the gimmick is going to keep up steam for long. It was amusing to see Takehito Koyasu chewing the scenery though.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 am Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
Though, I do like the lesson it teaches: 'If you want a girl to like you, spoiler[punch her clothes off]

That's the best lesson I ever heard. In fact, I think I'm gonna go put it into practice right now . . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Whew.

Sorry for the wait; boy do I have a story to tell. But to keep it short, I went to a bar and punched a cute young lass repeatedly in the chest and abdomen, which led to me getting beaten up and tasered by police. I then served three months in the slammer, out on good behaviour. But it was totally worth it. Well, that is, apart from putting the poor girl in hospital and her clothes staying on her body and the unfortunate development that she's now in a relationship with her physiotherapist. But those aside, it was an awesome experience that I would totally do again.

. . .

Er . . .

. . .

You know what? I don't think it's such a good lesson after all. I just have this feeling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1