• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Lagoon 2nd Barrage Premieres on G4TechTV Canada

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quote
Well that may bode well for the Starz! Edge airing that's starting in February in the U.S. because it means the episodes are ready to air and are available Cool
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:37 am Reply with quote
Oh man, if only I lived in Canada. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quote
So, is this dubbed or subbed as it airs on G4TechTV?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:37 am Reply with quote
CitizenGeek wrote:

I would assume Dubbed. The previous series aired Dubbed and it is unprecidented for anime to air on TV subtitled. I heard the Dub had been completed even though it was not in time to be put together and distributed along with DVDs.

Can someone confirm, it has already started airing? Meaning the first episode aired today? Thats too bad. I'm disapointed I missed the first episode. I'll have to finally get around to getting my cable box fixed before next friday as well.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote
I believe MVM is also starting to release the Black Lagoon DVDs in the UK. Do they have the license for the Second Barrage as well? Just because these titles no longer have a US distributor doesn't mean that they will stop being dubbed. I've always wondered just how many Animax titles have English dubs that have not been released as R1. Does anyone know if the rest of When They Cry or Saiunkoku was dubbed?
braves

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, they'll air it on G4 over here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
archaron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:15 am Reply with quote
Wow if that’s the case I just might have to get a region free DVD player to check it out.

Randall Miyashiro wrote
"Does anyone know if the rest of When They Cry or Saiunkoku was dubbed?"

I hope they were finished being dubbed and get release some where even if it is in a different region. Oh well that’s enough speculation for me today.
Jarm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
If they do show it here, I hope they don't render it unwatchable by cutting out the really violent scenes.
youngavatar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote
i'm surprise they realase the second season. it actually made wish i live in canada because this is one of my favriote show.
Heretic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:51 am Reply with quote
Great, now if only they would release the R1 DVDs.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
Jarm wrote:
If they do show it here, I hope they don't render it unwatchable by cutting out the really violent scenes.

Hopefully it will be shown on Starz Edge so that won't be a problem.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Can someone confirm, it has already started airing? Meaning the first episode aired today? Thats too bad. I'm disapointed I missed the first episode. I'll have to finally get around to getting my cable box fixed before next friday as well.

While I didn't watch it (I assumed it would just be a repeat of Season 1), It was confirmed on Zannen that it did air.

In any case, it looks like I'll be watching some more Black Lagoon for a while. Smile
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
dam it y can some one release all 12eps at once in 1 dvd set or if some one can put them on the web so i can watch them it not fair Anime cry
Cotek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:

I would assume Dubbed. The previous series aired Dubbed and it is unprecidented for anime to air on TV subtitled. I heard the Dub had been completed even though it was not in time to be put together and distributed along with DVDs.

It's probably dubbed in this case as TechTV (or G4) has never aired anything but dubbed anime to my knowledge. But it's hardly "unprescidented" for anime to air on T.V. subbed, unless you mean Canada then I'm not so sure, though there have been subbed (and Japanese-only) anime on T.V. in the U.S.
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

I would assume Dubbed. The previous series aired Dubbed and it is unprecidented for anime to air on TV subtitled.

Can someone confirm, it has already started airing? Meaning the first episode aired today?

Yes, dubbed. (Though subtitled anime has indeed sometimes aired on TV in Canada. For example, 'Memories' airs from time to time on IFC Canada subtitled, never dubbed.)

And yes, it has already started airing. I watched it last night and it was the first episode of 'Second Barrage'; i.e. the 13th episode of the series overall.

Not sure why the timeslot was changed, but hopefully G4 is trying to build a larger audience at 8pm that might happen to hang around afterwards.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3