• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A anime gaming section on ANN?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I've been seeing a couple threads about games and i was wondering if ANN could make a section on games. They could be anime. Like Guilty gear or street fighter. What does everyone else think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:41 pm Reply with quote
This idea has been tossed around for awhile now. Patience, young one.
Cloud Strife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:43 pm Reply with quote
THAT IDEA IS SO CRUCIAL I THINK MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!! (BOOM,SIZZLE,POW) Very Happy Very Happy
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:14 pm Reply with quote
For Christsake, turn the Caps Lock off. Confused

Anyway, I think this'd be a good idea. I'd probably also suggest a "General Discussion" forum, but that just has the high possibility of degrading into a nonsensical spamfest.

Also, a possible Gaming forum would need heavy moderation, as petty "my console is better than your console" posts would be inevitable, and possibly rather frequent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I think rather than a video game section, maybe a "General Merchandise" section would be better. Just a forum to catch everything else that's anime related, but not actually an anime, manga, or music. A place to talk about video games, trading cards, toys, and anything else.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:58 pm Reply with quote
That would be an ok idea but ANN is based etirely on anime so i don't know if they allow it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I don't mean just anything, like I said, anime related video games, trading cards, and toys.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Cloud Strife wrote:
THAT IDEA IS SO CRUCIAL I THINK MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!! (BOOM,SIZZLE,POW) Very Happy Very Happy

Do not post all in caps.

Quote:
I've been seeing a couple threads about games and i was wondering if ANN could make a section on games. They could be anime. Like Guilty gear or street fighter. What does everyone else think?

As Bamboo said, the idea has been tossed around. We may expand the forum for this shortly, but more involvement may be a while off yet. It's something we want to do, but we also have to take care not to spread ourselves too thin.

-t
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:00 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
For Christsake, turn the Caps Lock off. Confused

Anyway, I think this'd be a good idea. I'd probably also suggest a "General Discussion" forum, but that just has the high possibility of degrading into a nonsensical spamfest.

Oh it will. The mods of AMV.org forums got rid of the "Off Topic" section because of the spam, flame wars, and "idiotic" threads and members.
isaacada1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:02 pm Reply with quote
ANN has already this year alone added four new forums.

Talkback, Manga, Music, & Events. Like Chris stated, we want to wait and continue to see healthy traffic in the new forums before adding new ones. We also have ideas for forums that haven't yet I've seen be mentioned.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

animenewsnetwork.com/show.php?text=15#ot
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1