• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-01-30

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:

You's all have my permission to make avatars out of Paola's freak-out face if you wish. ^^

Oh um sorry for not asking to take Myoopi's face for an avatar, it slipped my mind. So, please and thank you.
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh no, it's alright! ^^ I have been amused by all the avatars going around- especially the UMD DX ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
ManOfRust wrote:
A bit of personal experience behind this week's installment?

I guess it was more obvious that I thought.. Anime hyper I'm found out. Except for me, I didn't lose months of bathing and sleep, but a $350 nonrefundable plane ticket, which I bought after I had quit my job. Anime cry Oh well.. some life lessons hit you harder than others. (my friend and I did literally yell "vigilance" to eachother for about 3 months though).

So I gotta know- does Blossom Con= Sakura Con? 'because I know folks who do Artist's Alley there and can't recall any complaints of this nature... or maybe I just got there after the adrenaline wore off...
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:38 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Oh no, it's alright! ^^ I have been amused by all the avatars going around- especially the UMD DX ones.

Look at what horrors you have unleashed onto ANN and it's community hehe.
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
The only convention I've been able to go to has been OMG!Con in Paducah... thank goodness it's lil bitty.

Haven't tried for an Artist's Alley table because I'm not a professional (read: Photoshop whore*) by any stretch of the imagination, and there are certain characters that I have trouble drawing no matter how hard I try.

Plus, there's work, in which my schedule is completely at the mercy of arbitrary numbers our clients pull out of their butt.

*not intended as an attack on anyone in here... I've done all my art by hand, but the DeviantArt crowd is attracted to shiny objects, and to them, my stuff looks rough... even if they're the same image of the same hot defense attorney from a DS adventure game. Laughing
Sonata-san

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:54 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Sonata-san: Paola doesn't actually draw, she sells cosplay props and crafts.

Eh, that's pretty cool.

On a different note, can anyone care to explain to me what Artist's Alley is? I haven't been to an anime convention yet, so I admit I'm a bit curious. ^ ^
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:22 am Reply with quote
Sonata-san wrote:
On a different note, can anyone care to explain to me what Artist's Alley is? I haven't been to an anime convention yet, so I admit I'm a bit curious. ^ ^

Artist's Alley is where anyone can buy a table during the con and sell their artwork--posters, pins, bookmarks, etc. Quality ranges across the board. It's mostly fan art, although occasionally you will see some original works mixed in.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Sonata-san wrote:

Artist's Alley is where anyone can buy a table during the con and sell their artwork--posters, pins, bookmarks, etc. Quality ranges across the board. It's mostly fan art, although occasionally you will see some original works mixed in.

I walked through the AA at Anime Expo and there was a person who was selling dolls. She had the most beautiful one in a kimono. And it had a price worthy of the time and effort she put into it! If I remember correctly Rolling Eyes about $500, if not more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4