• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cyborg 009's Shotaro Ishinomori Sets Guinness Record

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruro niko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty awesome. I like a lot of Ishinomori's works. We wouldn't have all the current Kamen Rider and Super Sentai shows without him starting them up.
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quote
ruro niko wrote:
That's pretty awesome. I like a lot of Ishinomori's works. We wouldn't have all the current Kamen Rider and Super Sentai shows without him starting them up.

Indeed. I just wish his stuff didn't get screwed over so much in the states. >.>

I would also give out various organ parts, up to and including the obligatory left side object to get that manga anthology released in the US
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
HOLY...FREAKING...COW Shocked That is a lot of manga to draw, but I'm happy for the late Ishinomori Sensei. At any time to be recognized by Guiness World Records is an honor indeed.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quote
Does this mean he beat Tezuka? My opinion is that he is second only to Tezuka for the greatest of all manga-ka. Yes, I think he had more greatness than Hayao Miyazaki.
Highway Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:02 am Reply with quote
I've only read 5 volumes of Cyborg 009 and one of The Skull Man, I do sorely wish I could discover more of his works. I hope Vertical pick up on some of his mature titles soon.
I'm quite suprised that Tezuka was beaten, I was always under the idea that he produced the most comics...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote
According to Tezuka Productions, Osamu Tezuka created more pages — 150,000 — but the Guiness World Records certificate says that Ishinomori's record is based on the number of comics — 770 titles in 500 volumes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1