• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Dominion Tank Police

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote
It's ok-nothing extra special, I found it a while back at a store closing-got the dvd for 2 bucks, can't find New Dominion Tank Police, all I have it a fairly good rip of it I downloaded off the internet.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
It's ok-nothing extra special, I found it a while back at a store closing-got the dvd for 2 bucks, can't find New Dominion Tank Police, all I have it a fairly good rip of it I downloaded off the internet.

Do you ever post anything that isn't contradictory, negative, or in some way designed to promote your self-interested "I download stuff yeah what of it just try and stop me" mindset?

Just wondering.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
But I guess some people are offended by anything even remotely sexual. I find that expecting people to deny themselves the visuals of human sexuality is to set oneself up to be terribly disappointed in humanity.
Ask a local hooker if she feels the same way. Wink
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Checking Ebay, the DVD edition of "New Dominion Tank Police" looks to be going for a slightly higher then retail price, but there's a decent whack of new and used VHS copies lurking about in both bidding and "buy now" options- it wouldn't be too hard to get the entire show. I imagine they probably go up a lot from time to time since it was such a popular series when the VHSes were in print.

There's also a whack of R2 UK copies up for auction, where it was available on dvd for a longer period of time.

"I downloaded it"?!?! Seriously anime fans, you're the laziest people I know. That's not being an otaku. Where's your hard work and guts? Tracking down a new/used copy of an older series isn't all that hard, and it's actually kind of fun to do. There's also a number of the RPG books too- DTP sure was popular in the early 90's.

I wonder when/if anyone'll ever license the CGI OVA, however horrible it was...

PPS--- Manga's NDTP dvd is pretty decent, and given it has the compete series, it'd be worth the 40-50 bucks it looks to be going foron Ebay [originally retailed for about 20-25], and probably cheaper thenthe R2 edition. Some places still look to have the original series in stock, so it might only be 10 bucks if you look around enough.
cool3865

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:26 am Reply with quote
i know its been a month, but i got part 1 & 2 today on VHS, i love the dialog and especially the music......this was the first time i've seen this one, i remember seeing the sequel. anyone know if they released an OST to it??
jgreen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:
anyone know if they released an OST to it??

Not in America, no, but the theme from New Dominion did make it only the Best of Anime compilation CD. There's probably a full OST out there as an import, I'd imagine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
I caught some of New DTP on Encore Action, and it bored me to sleep on three separate days. Is the original one more interesting?

It depends.

The original DTP....I wouldn't say it kept the spirit of the Manga (and Shirows "Fungus" artwork fetish which can be seen in many of his works), but it came pretty darn close in some respects. BUT, understand that it was made during the 80s/early 90's, so it will have a pretty dated feel to it. The Opening feels pretty dated right off the bat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvPHIkqJD9o

It kinda sounds like the last dying breaths of Disco Music. As for the storyline....I think the best way to describe it would be....Think Police Academy with tanks. Imagine Officer Hightower as Cpt. Britean with a serious angry bug.

They removed the vid, those uptight copyright babies are at it again Rolling Eyes
JINROH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:30 am Reply with quote
Can someone help me out,and tell me if the original dvd's were Region coded ? If so or if not ?

Like the CPM release per say...

I want it,but dont want to get caught out with a boot.
magicalgirlj

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
this is a show I have wanted to see for a long time. I love old school anime.
cool3865

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quote
to be honest i actually prefer the dub version, great voice acting and the music is much better than the sub version. plus on the VHS they put acts 1 & 2 together and Acts 3 & 4 together. it makes everything really smoothly and the ending song is great.
JINROH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone can answer my Q soon.I too would love to see it again (and own it as well)
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote
JINROH wrote:
I hope someone can answer my Q soon.I too would love to see it again (and own it as well)

Can't help you with New Dominion Tank Police, but my CPM disc of the original is indeed region-free.

Here's a link to the now-defunct TRSI page, for cover reference:http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/XeX391EiY71IZ6cIIb/browse/item/59857/4/0/0
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote
JINROH wrote:
Can someone help me out,and tell me if the original dvd's were Region coded ? If so or if not ?

Like the CPM release per say...

I want it,but don't want to get caught out with a boot.

No, like many CPM releases, it is All region coded. As you can see from the back cover.

Edit: DuelLadyS beat me to it.

You know, taking a look at the time stamp, I must not have scrolled all the way to the bottom. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5