• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Capcom: Devil May Cry 4 Box Will Still Have Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
child of Lilith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote
So you can still get the first volume with the game but that’s still no guaranty the rest will come out.
Egret

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's more likely that the rest of the show will make it to shelves sooner or later if they have permission to release the first volume. If ADV wasn't going to be able to sort out issues with licensing/financing/whatever the difficulty is at the moment, it seems unlikely that they'd have the rights to release the first disc with the game.
nuaythebest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
child of Lilith wrote:
So you can still get the first volume with the game but that’s still no guaranty the rest will come out.

I know my friend who get this from retail store, so it is obviously that ADV still send out their copy and nothing is on hiatus yet.
Luffy9000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Either way I'm getting the SE version of the game. Although I don't really like the anime all that much, I've got to have it for my DMC collection.
grgspunk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I highly doubt that Capcom will simply leave ADV and Sojitz alone together. They might end up forcing Sojitz to accept a licensing deal in favor of ADV. I mean, to them, the DMC anime is essentially a billboard for the game.

Although Capcom probably only cares about the DMC title, it might work to springboard ADV's attempts to get all their titles back on track. Now I wish Namdai would step in and protect its Xenosaga title, however much of a crapfest it may be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1