• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What type or genre of manga do you usually read?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSKK6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I tend to stick to seinen. Lately I've been checking out some shojo titles though.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I love high school romance. I'm big on romance though I don't really like romantic comedy much. I also like slice of life series and fantasy. Itend to appreciate collection of short stories and episodic series like stand alone stories for example Natsume, Mushishi, Petshop of Horrors, 1001 Nights, Dolls etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I love high school romance. I'm big on romance though I don't really like romantic comedy much. I also like slice of life series and fantasy. I tend to appreciate collection of short stories and episodic series like stand alone stories for example Natsume, Mushishi, Petshop of Horrors, 1001 Nights, Dolls etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:23 am Reply with quote
I try to read a bit of everything. I used to read more BL than any other genre, then moved more to shonen and now tipping over to slice of life.
HoshiNoMiko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm way too all over the place these days. It used to be a pretty general split between shoujo and BL/yaoi titles; now it's splitting more into shounen and fantasy, things like that. I just can't seem to make up my mind on a genre and stick with it ^^;
Youen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I usually read anything with a good story line and decent to amazing art I'm everywhere, ok maybe not everywhere but almost. I've been into shounen Akame ga kill and seinin Dogs bullets and carnage lately. But if you have a recommendation I'll be more than willing to give it a shot! Very Happy
mokporo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Will pretty much read any type of genre (except gender bender, it gets confusing keeping track of who's actually male/female). Though, 90% of the time, I enjoy reading shoujo over anything else. When picking a new series to read though, I go by artwork and storyline, then look at the genre.
opconvoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I seem to drift toward action, mech or comedy. I'm not really sure if i stick to a certain genre or not tho.
sandracollin1985

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
Any genre of manga will do provided that the story is super okay. Whether it be romance, action or others for as long as the story is interesting I'm up for it.
Dacg08

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I generally go for School life themed manga, sometimes shoujo. As long as it has some good romance i'm pretty much happy with it.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
In manga, and anime, I care much more for the characters than for the stories. That is probably why I like slice of life manga, especially comedies.
Some of my favorites are K-On!, Lucky Star, and Sunshine Sketch. Some of the lesser know ones that I really like are Suzunari and Tori Koro. It is probably not a coincidence that those are all 4 koma.
I love Sgt. Frog, which could be considered slice of life and is definitely comedy.

I also enjoy some fantasy adventure stories, with Inuyasha being my favorite.

I can also get interested in a supernatural series. It can be an action drama, such as Dance in the Vampire Bund or Rosario + Vampire, or something lighter and more comedic like Kanokon and Inukami! I am currently reading Omamori Himari.

I think that I have found at least one title that I like in every genre that I know of.

Whatever the genre, fan service is always a plus for me. So is yuri, even if it is only subtext and innuendo.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
I like to read shonen due to the adventure and action, and comedy you'll see in it at times. I also will read seinen manga when there is a good series that may be dark and/or deep. And I will OCCASIONALLY read a shojo manga if there is a good one, although the only one that comes to mind for that genre is Fruits Basket.
MigRay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Yaoi, shounen-ai, shounen, action, sports, fantasy and comedy. ^-^ These are the main genres but sometimes I find other genres interesting me too while I'm mainly avoiding shoujo, josei, harem/ reverse harem mangas which I find sadly quite boring at times.
♛Ɯaяяισя♛Δиɢɛℓ♛

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
It depends on my mood really but mostly shoujo and school life.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote
The majority of what I read is shonen, though there are some good shoujo like Basara and Kare Kano.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4