Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad Will Probably Be Released 2012, says Manga




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> UK -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Getsuga311



Joined: 06 Nov 2010
Posts: 86
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
didn't know they where gonna release it over here so pretty good to hear, although without After Story i doubt i'd buy it, it's just feels too incomplete if it's just half the series, so hopefully they can get an Aftery Story release over here too and i'll gladly part ways with a large chunk of my money
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yurixhentai



Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
YES! PLEASE! FINALLY!

I have been waiting SO long for Clannad to be released in the UK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninja noir



Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 117
Location: Ireland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:00 am Reply with quote
Good news, about two or three weeks ago, I decided to start watching the fansubs because I thought it wouldn't be released here. Guess now i'll quit the fansubs and wait for mangas release. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yurihellsing



Joined: 04 Jun 2011
Posts: 274
Location: -=Sunderland UK=-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
ninja noir wrote:
Good news, about two or three weeks ago, I decided to start watching the fansubs because I thought it wouldn't be released here. Guess now i'll quit the fansubs and wait for mangas release. Smile



I wouldn't quit then fansubs cause the video quality will be pretty low on Manga ent UK's release cause they'll just be putting it out on DVD and it'll be the R1 DVD but with the R2 code.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Zin5ki



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 3478
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
It is my expectation that much of Clannad's domestic target audience has acquired the R1 releases already, and therefore that that Manga plans to target less fervent fans of the genre. Perhaps this frankly untimely release will be purchased by the those who were initially unenthusiastic about importing, or failing that the ever-present causal audiences possessing little insight into transatlantic products.
In either case, the retail price shall have to reflect the modesty of the intended consumers' interest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing



Joined: 04 Jun 2011
Posts: 274
Location: -=Sunderland UK=-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
It is my expectation that much of Clannad's domestic target audience has acquired the R1 releases already, and therefore that that Manga plans to target less fervent fans of the genre. Perhaps this frankly untimely release will be purchased by the those who were initially unenthusiastic about importing, or failing that the ever-present causal audiences possessing little insight into transatlantic products.
In either case, the retail price shall have to reflect the modesty of the intended consumers' interest.


naa i think most if not all UK based Clannad fans have downloaded the high quality blu-ray rips rather than importing subquality R1 dvds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 25 Oct 2003
Posts: 5957
Location: Wales

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:16 am Reply with quote
This UK-based Clannad fan imported the "subquality" Japanese DVDs, there being no BD option at the time. You do realise that BDs are also being released in the US, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing



Joined: 04 Jun 2011
Posts: 274
Location: -=Sunderland UK=-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
This UK-based Clannad fan imported the "subquality" Japanese DVDs, there being no BD option at the time. You do realise that BDs are also being released in the US, right?


I said R1 was subquality not R2 yes the US gets everything good and geo/region blocks everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nilrem



Joined: 06 Dec 2003
Posts: 54

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quote
This UK fan bought both R1 DVD releases and may well end up buying the R2UK release when it comes out.

I'm not massively fussed about blu-ray for non action/theatrical anime, as long as the DVD version is reasonable, and finances allowing I'm all for doing what I can to encourage more niche/unusual UK releases.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yurihellsing



Joined: 04 Jun 2011
Posts: 274
Location: -=Sunderland UK=-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Nilrem wrote:
This UK fan bought both R1 DVD releases and may well end up buying the R2UK release when it comes out.

I'm not massively fussed about blu-ray for non action/theatrical anime, as long as the DVD version is reasonable, and finances allowing I'm all for doing what I can to encourage more niche/unusual UK releases.


I guess DVD quality isn't too bad if the TV is under 40 inches but R1 DVD just looks horrid on a 47 inch HDTV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> UK -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group