• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Step Up Love Story Sub.DVD 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
The series in itself if you actually look into what they are saying about certain issues concerning sex makes sense. And I'm sure it reflects some of the issues that Japan has been having which probably include their birthrate, which actually rose to 1.32 in 2006.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote
So, Japan's discovering how to make children again?
Case

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Did Key mean to say, "Certain aspects of this review may get a little too graphic for our younger readers, to the delight of our more prurient readers."? X)
TornadoTatsumaki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Case wrote:
Did Key mean to say, "Certain aspects of this review may get a little too graphic for our younger readers, to the delight of our more prurient readers."? X)
What I don't understand is why doesn't it "Futari H" have a hentai rating when the sex is fairly raw?(that 17+ rating is a bit deceptive just like Maze Mega Burst Space's 13+ rating is deceptive.)
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
TornadoTatsumaki wrote:
What I don't understand is why doesn't it "Futari H" have a hentai rating when the sex is fairly raw?(that 17+ rating is a bit deceptive just like Maze Mega Burst Space's 13+ rating is deceptive.)

One word: money. They've might have trimmed it down but judging from what he said in the review it may not be the case. Sometimes the company's rating their anime can be like the way the MPAA has problems rating it's movies when they're way too explicit for the rating their given.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1