• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Takehito Ito / Takehiko Ito

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:24 am Reply with quote
Same Person?

I have him/them credited in a bunch of different Anime. I know the person responsible for Outlaw Star and Angel Links is the same (Takehiko Ito), but I'm not sure about the other credits.

Anyone know?

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=258
http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4539

Agent Aika (OAV) : Character Design
Angel Links (TV) : Story
Assemble Insert (OAV) : Design Assist
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door (movie) : Character Design
Haou Taikei Ryuu Knight (TV) : Script, Original creator
KO Century Beast (OAV) : Character Design
Outlaw Star (TV) : Original creator, Original story
Lamune: Design (is this Character design, or series design?)
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:51 am Reply with quote
The credit for the Cowboy Bebop movie was an error on my part...whether he's one or two people, neither worked on that film. That narrows it down a little bit.
Delirium

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:45 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:

Same Person?

Well, without involving kanjis you´ll have to stick with information inconsistencies concerning Japanese person´s names automatically. Kôichi Mashita and Kôichi Mashimo anyone?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Delirium wrote:

Well, without involving kanjis you´ll have to stick with information inconsistencies concerning Japanese person´s names automatically.

Actually, we are prepared for the evantuality that two different people will have the same name, whether they are English or Japanese.
Laughing Hyena

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:24 pm Reply with quote
When searching up things on Ito in Google I found that his name is spelled many ways. There is Takehiko and Takehito. Itoh, Ito, and Itou. I think that it is how different people pronounce his name. He spells his name often on his website as Takehiko Ito, but Home Comics spells it Takehiko Itoh and Bandai spells it as Takehito Ito. And it is the same person, as you will get links to many websites on works of his. But you still get links to a Japanese Scientist who goes by the same name.

Takehiko and Satoru Akahori were both behind NG Lamune Knight and 40, but I'm not sure what they did on it. I guess I need to talk to my two friends who are big Lamune fans and look up Mike Pepe's site. So I'll get back to you on that later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Actually, we are prepared for the evantuality that two different people will have the same name, whether they are English or Japanese.

We are? Oh yes we are! Absolutely! Definitely! I mean, it would be stupid to not be ready for an eventuality like that, heh? Right!

( psst, Tempest, that one is still in my ToDo list Anime smile + sweatdrop )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Hyena wrote:

When searching up things on Ito in Google I found that his name is spelled many ways. There is Takehiko and Takehito.

The spelling of Ito's name isn't a problem. If Takehito & Takehiko were really the same person is all I wanted to know, and you seem to have answered that for me Smile.

As for spellign his name... I think I'll spell it the way he does: http://www.i-morningstar.com/morningsite/index_e.html

Quote:

I guess I need to talk to my two friends who are big Lamune fans and look up Mike Pepe's site. So I'll get back to you on that later.
cool, thanks

The Encyclopedist wrote:

( psst, Tempest, that one is still in my ToDo list Anime smile + sweatdrop )

Ooops. lol.
Laughing Hyena

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:30 pm Reply with quote
http://www.doki-doki.net/lamune/production/index.html
This should be it. (NG Lamune Knight and 40)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1