Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shaman King Manga's New Ending Anticipated in 2009


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DmonHiro



Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 1922
Location: Romania, Bucharest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone say "ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!!!!!!"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Ohoni



Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Posts: 3165

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Amen!

I've been waiting for this for a while (not that the few chapters preceeding the original finale have been translated yet either).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mmangelly



Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 46
Location: Clermont, FL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap I never thought I would see this news! My favorite Shonen Jump manga will get its true ending. As long as Viz gives me that ending my joy will continue!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
minakichan



Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 1070

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
...I thought Shaman King was dropped because it was no longer popular enough, in the style of Weekly Jump workings. Hrm, why would they do this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bahamut623



Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1392

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
The series is also supposed to be returning in Jump SQ. So is what's gonna run in SQ just the "true ending" to be included in the Kang Zeng Bang?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
LightYagami



Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 257
Location: around the midwest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
...I thought Shaman King was dropped because it was no longer popular enough, in the style of Weekly Jump workings. Hrm, why would they do this?


I wouldn't be surprised if Eiichiro Oda and Nobuhiro Watsuki had a role in this one since Hiroyuki Takei is friends with both of them. One can only imagine how many strings were pulled. But still this is very good news for Shaman king fans every where.

When the US release catches up I wonder if Viz will release the true ending chapters?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
ucdawg12



Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote
but by the sounds of it, it sounds like there will be only one more chapter to end it? will that be enough to end it the way it was intended to end, even if its a really long chapter? i kind of doubt it was that close to concluding when it was canceled or i think SJ would have given him a few more weeks to end it properly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zetsuie



Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
...I thought Shaman King was dropped because it was no longer popular enough, in the style of Weekly Jump workings. Hrm, why would they do this?
idk maybe for the simple fact there not evil greedy bastards

or maybe its actually cheaper to print 27 volumes at a higher cost rather than reprinting 32 volumes and the fact that theres a real ending will motivate fans to re-buy or consider buying the series for the first time if they missed out
also the fact that Shuiesha published volume 32 which they said would only happen if their was a high enough fan response
ucdawg12 wrote:
but by the sounds of it, it sounds like there will be only one more chapter to end it? will that be enough to end it the way it was intended to end, even if its a really long chapter? i kind of doubt it was that close to concluding when it was canceled or i think SJ would have given him a few more weeks to end it properly
wiki said that its also returning to jump square and the story will pick up where it left off idk if this means there will be more than one chapter but it sounded like a restart for the manga and the first letter bee chapter consisted of 120 pages which is also published in jump square.

Quote:
"Shaman King will finish with new chapters!!"

quoted from here(the same link provided on wiki about shaman king being published in jump square) http://www.mankin-trad.net/​forums/​viewtopic.​php?​t=​3156

it also mentioned it was returning in march so i guess the real ending will probably come before 2009


Last edited by zetsuie on Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Geo



Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1095

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote
ucdawg12 wrote:
but by the sounds of it, it sounds like there will be only one more chapter to end it? will that be enough to end it the way it was intended to end, even if its a really long chapter? i kind of doubt it was that close to concluding when it was canceled or i think SJ would have given him a few more weeks to end it properly


If anything, the "last chapter" will probably be near 90 pages long, much like Buso Renkin's finale, Buso Renkin Period.

That should be enough to do a final fight and some epilogue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Afax



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Only one final chapter? Even if it is longer than the rest...

I swear I read somewhere that Takei was working on a full length tankobon worth of material to end the series (at least 200+ pages of material)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
testorschoice



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 465

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
wiki said that its also returning to jump square and the story will pick up where it left off idk if this means there will be more than one chapter but it sounded like a restart for the manga and the first letter bee chapter consisted of 120 pages which is also published in jump square.

Quote:
"Shaman King will finish with new chapters!!"

quoted from here(the same link provided on wiki about shaman king being published in jump square) http://www.mankin-trad.net/​forums/​viewtopic.​php?​t=​3156

it also mentioned it was returning in march so i guess the real ending will probably come before 2009


Nothing official on either sites or their links actually says that Shaman King is returning in Jump Square. The only things that are coming out in March are the first two Perfect Edition volumes, so we shouldn't hold our breath on seeing the ending before next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Murasakisuishou



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 1469
Location: NE Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
YES!

I'm so glad to hear this confirmed, since I don't exactly trust all of the random people who have been telling me about it on deviantART.

Of course, it'll probably be even longer before I get to read it stateside (I gave up on scans and am just reading through the Viz releases as of now), but....real ending! w00t!

And I thought there was going to be a 33rd concluding volume too....Still, I'll take any more SK goodness that I can get. :3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shorty22



Joined: 09 Aug 2003
Posts: 504

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, that certainly is surprising news! I'd never expected to actually hear something like that, but I can't deny that I'm totally excited about it! Very Happy

Ah, it's still aways off though, since we're only around 14 or so of the Viz releases, so hopefully it'll be out, available, Viz will get it too, and they'll have tacked it onto the end of the series. Yeah! Anime catgrin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
fightncomet



Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Too Little, Too Late. I loved reading this series. I bought every Japanese volume of this series until I read what happened in the last volume because I have a subscription to weekly shonen Jump.

I don't know what the author was thinking, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only fan to waste money and time on a big disappointment a couple years back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kokuryu



Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 915

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote
fightncomet wrote:
Too Little, Too Late. I loved reading this series. I bought every Japanese volume of this series until I read what happened in the last volume because I have a subscription to weekly shonen Jump.

I don't know what the author was thinking, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only fan to waste money and time on a big disappointment a couple years back.


You are NOT the only one! I loved that series very much, and was just as dissapointed as everyone else! I am VERY glad to see this new printing happen, and I hope that it is picked up here in the US as well - although I don't think there will be much support for an oversized overpriced manga in the US, at least they can make a "special edition" for the final volume.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group