• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shaman King Manga's New Ending Anticipated in 2009

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
The Jump Square bit comes from a flying that was handed out at Jump Festa 2008.
Not sure how much new material there is, but I'm actually looking forward to it; later volumes of Shaman King could be a bit erratic, but Junbor was pretty damn great, despite its failure; hopefully he's recharged and found a way to conclude things with a bang.
And then get the heck out of shonen. He could totally clean up in Ultra Jump, the way Araki is...
testorschoice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

I checked out a Jump Festa 2008 flyer about Shaman King, but I couldn't find any talk of Jump Square. May you double-check the flyer you've seen?
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

I checked out a Jump Festa 2008 flyer about Shaman King, but I couldn't find any talk of Jump Square. May you double-check the flyer you've seen?

Oh, damn, you're right.
I skimmed it and somehow convinced myself GS stood for Jump Square.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Okay ANN, now put up a poll on what other manga titles we'd like to see get a "proper" (aka "re-writen" or "bonus chapter") ending. My guess is a Takahashi title or perhaps a Clamp one or two should appear on the list.

Last edited by here-and-faraway on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rinnian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD FINALLY.

But knowing my luck, Horohoro content will be very slim.

But I can still hope for Horohoro action and HoroRen hints!
sdsyukichan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quote
This makes me very happy! :D
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote
i hope inoue will do the same for slam dunk
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quote
ParaParaJMo wrote:
i hope inoue will do the same for slam dunk

Slam Dunk already has a great ending.
I wouldn't mind seeing another series, if he feels up for it, but bit of a different case from Shaman King.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quote
i don't care how. i just want to see Yoh and Anna together.
AsakuraX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote
The following is just some interesting info about the manga Shaman King: Very Happy Razz

At Jump Festa 2008, a flier handed out at the event announced that Shaman King would return in March of 2008 in a Kanzenban reprint of the entire series. The reprint will have 27 volumes, complete with new clear image overlays on the covers. Two volumes will be released each month.

The Japanese publisher Shueisha has officially announced the schedule of Shaman King Kang Zeng Bang (Shaman King Kanzen-Ban or Perfect Edition). This release will reprint the entire series in 27 volumes, releasing two every month, concluding with the never-before-published "true ending." The first two volumes of Manga will be released in Japan on March 4, with the final volume expected to be released in Spring of 2009.

Exclamation Btw, Kanzenban volumes "are generally more expensive and lavished with special features such as special covers created specifically for the edition, special paper used for the cover, higher quality paper, a special slipcase, and so on."
AsakuraX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for double posting, but here's more info. Razz

The reprints will have...
Exclamation - There will be 380 pages for the new ending (more than two normal volumes!)
Exclamation - There will be more than 200 color images in total, includying new information profiles for the characters
Exclamation - There will be 27 new "oversoul covers", all of them with shaman + spirit overlay

The first 4 special reprint volumes have already been released in Japan as of the moment I posted this.

Questions? Just ask. Smile
Btw, if you have wonder how I know all this, I just checked all around the interernet (for reliable sources). I did, and summarized them here. Razz
AsakuraX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I probably mentioned some of these already. Razz

Exclamation The reprints will have be perfect editions, meaning finishing the story untill the end.
Exclamation Also, a strange change happens with hao... the real job of Patch... and the hidden truth of Great Spirit will be revealed at the end of Yoh's journey...
Exclamation This is the first time that new chapters will conclude a reprint!

Assumed, but probably correct information.
Exclamation All 32 manga volumes will be compressed. So there will be more chapters per volume, not less chapters. Instead of 8 chapters a volume, there may be 10 or 11 or 12. It is also possible that some of the extras will be removed.
Exclamation It's possible that new extras could be added.
Exclamation Each volume will have a "clear plastic cover." This means, that there will probably be an "overlay" design that will add to the cover image.
Exclamation As with all reprint volumes, there are new artwork for the cover images.

Most info was from Shaman King Nation and sources from Wikipedia (meaning that I directly went to Wiki's sources to see if they're correct).
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I always knew SK had a crappy ending due to canceled publication, but didn't know exactly what it was all about. This has been very educational. Smile

So after reading this thread, if I've got this all straightened out, it currently is 27 volumes, and volume 27 is the one that's crap; rest of the series is okay. So does that mean that if he's going to do a new ending, he's going to redo volume 27 before he proceeds further?

This is great news to hear though. I'm just starting to get into this series (up to vol. 8 so far) and I must say, it's without a doubt the best shounen series I've gotten into since Naruto! Very Happy In fact, I think I can officially say that SK is the first shounen series since I got into Naruto that's either exactly on it's level, or could even possibly be better (although One Piece came very, very close. Fullmetal Alchemist and Rurouni Kenshin were already ratted higher when I got into Naruto. But my favorites at this point would actually go Naruto, Fullmetal, and then Shaman King). So it's such a shame to hear that it got shafted as badly as it did at the end, it certainly didn't deserve it at all. Hopefully this "new ending" will be worth it.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:

So after reading this thread, if I've got this all straightened out, it currently is 27 volumes, and volume 27 is the one that's crap; rest of the series is okay. So does that mean that if he's going to do a new ending, he's going to redo volume 27 before he proceeds further?

Actually, there are 32 volumes. I don't think the last one will be redone; it sounded to me like the new material will basically pick up where the manga left off (although I've only read up to volume 22, so I don't know exactly what's going on with the end).

What I want to know is if they plan on tacking the Funbari no Uta chapter onto the 33rd volume, or if it even applies anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
Actually, there are 32 volumes. I don't think the last one will be redone; it sounded to me like the new material will basically pick up where the manga left off (although I've only read up to volume 22, so I don't know exactly what's going on with the end).

Oh, 32, okay then. From what I was gathering it was 27, but Tekai intended it to be 32, or something like that, but I guess I was wrong. So all this talk about volume 27 then? Is that when the series started sucking or something? I don't know though, from what I gather on what some have said in this thread it sounds to me like the last volume was the one that sucked, but the rest of the series was okay. So confusing! Anime dazed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3