• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Negotiating to Acquire Geneon Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
But this is already ADVision's second or third humongous blunder in recent years so for them I guess I've adopted the "demand they die" approach. Smile Similarly, I was pissed with Geneon USA (over Fate/Stay Night) even before they died, so for them my thoughts were "haha you fools died, you deserved it".

Well why don't you just say "Screw anime" and be done with it. Because that's what you're asking for. You demand ADV die and are glad Geneon is gone. So when will you be happy? When all the companies are gone and anime dies here or when they personally bow down to you as the wisest man alive? I suppose next you'll be saying Funi are idiots and deserve to die too and so does Media Blasters and every other company that does one thing you don't like. You act as if they should all bow down to you in some fashion and if they do one small thing you don't like they deserve to go bankrupt and fall apart. All hail Porcupine the all knowing God of how anime should be. You must be mentoring under GATSU.

ikillchicken wrote:
joshuafer wrote:
Personally I am hoping they snag black Lagoon, I want to see more gun fighting and swearing ! I had read somewhere that the studio that did the english dub was going to finish dubbing the series, so they must have the dub done alkready, if what I read is true. Hellsing is second on my list, although Alucard seems pretty much unkillable heh.

If you're refering to Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage, then yes they have finished dubbing it. In fact, it is actually currently airing on Canada's G4 Tech TV.

And just to add on this it was dubbed with the same cast as well. So no worries about cast changes here at least thank the Gods. The cast was part of the success of BL here so keeping the same cast I think was as important as finishing it at all.
Demontaco

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
ok, all this talk in hypotheticals has thrown me off base a bit:

1) what will happen to Geneon titles already finished being dubbed (Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, etc)

2) what will happen to titles either undubbed as of yet or halfway done?

or ido we not know for sure?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quote
Demontaco wrote:
ok, all this talk in hypotheticals has thrown me off base a bit:

1) what will happen to Geneon titles already finished being dubbed (Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, etc)

2) what will happen to titles either undubbed as of yet or halfway done?

or ido we not know for sure?

At this point, no one really knows what will happen. Except maybe some of the executives that are looking to bring some of the titles back, if any.

If FUNimation does pick up some titles that the dub is already complete on, then in all likelihood(99%) they will use the already made dub.

With titles that are half completed with the dub there is no telling what will happen and how they will handle it. And with ones that have no dub, chances are they will do it in house.

Even so, keep in mind that is all conjecture.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryokosha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I agree that what happened to Geneon is tragic all around. I really hope that Funi will continue the series starting from where the series currently left off since I was in the process of collecting Karin, Saiunkoku, Black Lagoon, Hellsing, When they Cry, Rozen, and Shonen Onmyoji. I would hate to wait for the first few volumes release to catch up to where Geneon left off or even worse if they change the episode counts per disc so that the FUni versions don't match up to where Geneon left off. It would also be annoying if they sold these half finished series as complete box sets only although I think they have better sense than to do that.
I actually wonder if it wouldn't be easier for them to just start, at least at first, with titles that Geneon had licensed but not already begun to release before they went out... that avoids a lot of this not to mention perhaps having to get VA's that are not on Funi's staff to finish a work they started with another now defunct company, Geneon.

After gaining time maybe they could then get some of those seiyuu that were not on their staff to their staff to finish the series started so at least the vocies don't change in the middle of a series and in the process avoid having to start over with entirely new releases and new episode count per DVD.

Again though just conjecture as Dargontxc said.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9