• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
London MCM Expo Convention - Anime Panel Report

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Awesome to hear about Mirai Nikki, wasn't really expecting that this soon. Hopefully they can get Deadman Wonderland soon as well. Will be buying Shiki as soon as it comes out Very Happy. Its a shame there isn't anime on tv, I mean, pretty much most of it is boring repeats anyway. The adverts take up most the show nowadays as well.
Its not a surprise that amazon is leading over retail stores. I have to get everything online anyway because I live in a village. I'd love if I could buy anime from a tesco store or something, but I doubt that will ever happen lol. Though I noticed you can get anime online from tesco. I was pretty surprised when I realised that.

On another note heres hoping they can get the rest of D.Gray-Man one day... its gonna happen one of these years dammit.
consignia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Tescos have sold anime at points. I bought Akira from them years ago, and they've had Spirited Away in the bargin chart at my local for Donkey's. Of course, you're not really going to see Strike Witches or it's ilk there ever.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Save for the news of Mardock Scramble and the latest Makoto Shinkai film — the release of such films being inevitable — it appears I missed little from the Sunday.

It was interesting to note that Redline was being vended prematurely from the Manga booth during the Expo. The £20 price tag sufficed for me to wait for the official release date however.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:16 am Reply with quote
Well I think we all already knew that about television, and about younger fans (including me) who have to buy without credit cards. Buying anime and manga from brick and mortar stores is one of the few reasons I leave the house, its just a shame they never have the right volume in lol.

Now what gets me about the reason why there's no anime on the television is that putting it on the telly is probably necessary to create interest in anime. And TV execs can't be disinterested in anime out of some kind of protectionism for British TV companies, because my television's full of American shit.

People talk about the homo economicus, but the TV execs won't take a risk on anime because they look at it and think 'cartoons=kids stuff', nothing to do with whether or not anime can attract viewers. Execs are just governed by the prejudice of culture to be averse to any violent animation in particular, because it transgresses Western boundaries between stylised animation and adult entertainment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1