• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Howl's Moving Castle Delayed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:46 am Reply with quote
Shocked Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *takes a deep breath* oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Darnit. Means we must wait longer.
Wolf Tooth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:09 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Shocked Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *takes a deep breath* oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I don't think you're not dramatic enuff. It would be like-OH NO! WHY OH WHY OH WHYIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOO!!!!! Crying or Very sad I NEED A HUG! I NEED A WARM LITTLE TOTORO TO COMEFORT ME IN THESE DARK TIMES!
Oh well Laughing I foresaw it comeing somehow.

Last edited by Wolf Tooth on Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:20 am Reply with quote
It just means they'll do a better job on it. When artists are forced to meet deadlines, you get Spirited Away.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:35 am Reply with quote
Diary entry 11/28/03 wrote:

Hmm, looks like he got it.
Proman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:36 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
It just means they'll do a better job on it. When artists are forced to meet deadlines, you get Spirited Away.

What do you mean? "Spirited Away" is an amazing and wonderful film Very Happy ! Now if any of you saw the special that was included on one of the dvds that came with "Spirited Away", you'll know that it isn't the first time they've fallen behind schedule. It looked like they'll have to delay "Spirited Away" too but by working extra hard they were able to deliever movie on time. This delay will probably cost them a lot of money. Unfortinately, Hayao Miyazaki isn't a young man anymore and it's hard for him to work on such huge projects. I hope that everything goes well and they'll compleate the movie in time for it's November premiere. I can't wait to see it.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:20 pm Reply with quote
So, I guess that means that The Incredibles, Polar Express, Shark Tale (formerly Sharkslayer before Dreamworks toned it down to PG), and Shrek 2 all have one less Best Animated Feature contender to worry about at the 2005 Oscars, eh?

(I'm presuming the Disney studio's Sweating Bullets... erm, I mean Home on the Range, while it looks like a lot of goofy Looney Tunes-esque fun, won't be Oscar-calibre material, but, then again, I liked Lilo & Stitch better than Spirited Away, and still do, so who knows?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Man that sucks. But with Porco Rosso and Nausicaa supposedly coming to dvd next year, I think I'll be ok.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Louie-kun wrote:
Man that sucks. But with Porco Rosso and Nausicaa supposedly coming to dvd next year, I think I'll be ok.

Heh, its not like Howl would have been released in North America on DVD in 2004 anyways. Hell, a Ghibli film released in theatres in June 2004 wouldn't be released on DVD in Japan in 2004.

As it stands I suspect we'll probably see Howl on DVD in late 2005 or 2006.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1