• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English Map of Tokyo's Akiba Otaku Area Now Printable

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musashi1600

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote
This would've been extremely useful when I was planning my trip to Tokyo 26 months ago. Anime cry
Wickio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
musashi1600 wrote:
This would've been extremely useful when I was planning my trip to Tokyo 26 months ago. Anime cry

Agreed! Would have loved this last year!

Oh well, it will aid me next year. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
maxhodges

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I created a PDF version (I thought MS Word wasn't a very nice format.) You can download it from my web site. Look in the Free Download section then in the Tokyo Realtime category. www.whiterabbitpress.com
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote
maxhodges wrote:
I created a PDF version (I thought MS Word wasn't a very nice format.) You can download it from my web site. Look in the Free Download section then in the Tokyo Realtime category. www.whiterabbitpress.com

I used your flashcards when I was memorizing the kanji for 2kyuu!

Alas, I think a lot of this map is outdated.
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quote
My friend has created a Google Map of the otaku shops in Japan. Not just Akibahara, not just of Tokyo, but of Japan! Obviously not every single one, but he went through most of the websites of the larger chains, such as Gamers, Animate, etc., and not just anime shops, but model shops, etc, and grabbed the address details and plugged them into Google Maps. The result is this:

http://lmlloyd.com/animeshops.kmz

Either save the file or copypaste the URL into Google Maps, and watch as the Japan map is populated with pins, from north to south ?Smile

Widya Santoso
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1