• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can't stay logged in.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:08 am Reply with quote
Might just be something on my end, but for the last few days each time I've come here I've had to relog in. Before now it's been logging me in automatically ever sense I registered.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:12 am Reply with quote
Vicious wrote:

Might just be something on my end, but for the last few days each time I've come here I've had to relog in. Before now it's been logging me in automatically ever sense I registered.

It's probably a cookie error (ha ha! not me!) ... I'd suggest going to your cookies folder (if you use IE) and deleting all the ANN cookies and trying to login again with the "remember me" (or whatever it is) tab clicked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hooch_tari

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I know its kinda odd me wrting you but im very new here and I had a question to ask you! If you don't mind? O.k I was wondering if you knew how to put pictures on the profiles? I try and it never works? If you want you can e-mail me or whatever? Thank's! Bye[url][email protected][/url]
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:07 pm Reply with quote
hooch_tari wrote:

Hi, I know its kinda odd me wrting you but im very new here and I had a question to ask you! If you don't mind? O.k I was wondering if you knew how to put pictures on the profiles? I try and it never works? If you want you can e-mail me or whatever? Thank's! Bye[url][email protected][/url]

Due to low amounts of bandwidth available, we can't allow anyone to upload pictures to ANN.

Instead, you need to put them on your own webspace, and link to them from there.

Most ISPs give 5 or 10mb of webspace to use. Check your ISP's homepage for directions on how to access that.

Then, put a picture (no larger than 80x80 pixels, please.) in that directory, and go to your ANN forum profile.

Change the Avatar location to the appropriate location. The URL may (or may not) resemble this example URL:
http://www.isp.com/users/cookie/cookie_avatar.jpg

Again, your ISP will probably have information on where your files will go when you upload them to your webspace.

If you don't have webspace, you can sign up for webspace at geocities.com and put your image there, I hear. Other servers may exist; I'm not sure where to find good, quality, free webspace anymore, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1