• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Innocent Venus DVD 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:31 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed Disc 1, and I thought the series had a lot of promise. Unfortunately, like you've said, in the second volume the plot devolves into a rather boring mess, except for the very end when spoiler[Jin goes psycho and knifes Joe]. After that, I thought "Yeah! Finally a twist!", but they didn't really do much with it in the final volume. The end was just kind of "Oh look, the good guys won. Yay.". Confused

Highly disappointing overall. It's an ok show when it's all said and done, but it could have been so much better.
eviltimes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
They lost me when the pirate showed up.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
eviltimes wrote:
They lost me when the pirate showed up.

That should have been my first clue to stop while I was ahead but I stuck it out to the end. And it wasn't worth it.
nightmaregenie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:57 am Reply with quote
Call it a woman's intuition...when I was watching this show I was always wondering why Jin appears as a mask-wearing magician in the opening...well, he turned bad.

...even though my intuition didn't save me from watching the disappointing latter half of the series. The final showdown was just too brief and anticlimatic. That and the mostly boring minor characters, and the drop in production values...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1