• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Share A Picture of your Manga Collection.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Lengarion - Very nice collection although i am interested in how you organise your collection?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Desertking22

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Man...I feel embarrassed to even post mine D: problem with me is limited funds mixed with I love films...gaming ahhh!! Most of mine were given to me by friends and neighbors but it's not even 1/4 what you guys have. I am stuck with a 3 tier shelf...not even sure where I can fit another shelf O.o
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote
Desertking22 I wouldn't worry about it, compared to other people's collections mine is tiny and it's taken me around 3 years to get to the point I'm at now. Plus I would like to think that no one would judge you so I'd say go for it Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
@DesertKing
We all had to stat out small sometime! The question is if you're proud of your collection. I like seeing pics of smaller collections, I rather wish I had one of mine back when I was first starting (even if I'd now be ashamed of a lot of the titles there, lol), just to see how it's evolved.
Lengarion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:30 am Reply with quote
@TsunaReborn!
How I order them...? Don't you know that questions like that must not be asked? xD

I already re-did the last picture, as they've been there for a lack of better place so far and are now in the third shelf. Ok, my system: I arrange them mostly by feeling. It's a bit like a hobby on its own and I'd do it all the time, was it not for the damage to the edges ever time you move them.

There is some structure, however. Finished series and ongoing ones must not be mixed. Finished ones go to the left, ongoing is to the right. That is the most important rule, so I don't have to readjust everything every time a new Manga comes out.

I try to keep Manga from the same Mangaka together.

Series must not be splitt apart. Therefore, everything from Akira Toriyama and Rumico Takahashi went on the top row, as they are too long for one board (and the Pokemon box supports them so well). [not a rule for the ongoing One Piece]

Things I like more are probably higher on the shelves, except on the third shelf, which is filled with odds and ends - until the ongoing series start in the 2nd board, that is. (First is Knights of Sidonia)

Ongoing series are in no order, since they have to be re-arranged too often.

Phuu... other than that I have one row that only has Tokyopop titles, because they look nice together. One row with Art Books and over-sized Manga/Comics. English/German Manga are happily mixed. And I think... that's it.

@DesertKing
A collections size is influenced by so many factors, it is really not that important. How long one has been collecting, which target group one belongs to (or reads, anyway), which genres one likes.
Imagine one only collected Bara Series. Now, that wouldn't fill many shelves.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Lengarion wrote:
@TsunaReborn!
How I order them...? Don't you know that questions like that must not be asked? xD

I know, I'm sorry, but I couldn't help myself Wink

I have something similar in regards to having a separate bookshelfs for completed and non-completed series as well as a shelf for larger books but they are all organised alphabetically. I have never thought about organising by mangaka... Not that I could make that work as I only have multiple books by Shungiku Nakamura (well that I've noticed).
Desertking22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Every collection has to start somewhere. Only in the past 12-18 months has mine grown into what it is now. (I now have to buy a third bookshelf which I thought would never happen.)

Recommendations (if we are allowed to do so) depends on your tastes. Not that I'll be much help but what are you into?
NeburPT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Here is a general view of my collection:

st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
That's a good looking collection you've got there.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Hi there. I'm CatSword, age 13, and...well, here we go.

My Manga Shelf, Also Known As "My Little Shelf Can't Be This Crowded!"

First part of my shelf, as you can see already I'm a shonen fan and I really like Fullmetal Alchemist.

And here is some more manga, including Gintama, Hellsing, and One Piece, three series I need to get more of. Also I put a pile of manga above those manga because I am severely running out of space. I need a real bookshelf as opposed to this little corner in my room.

A few more manga, my Shonen Jump magazines (R.I.P, discovered you too late Sad -even if you did go digital-), some encyclopedias, and my "Manga Females Clip Art" book which my cat chewed on. Neutral

And that's it. The next series I plan to start getting are Banana Fish, The Drifting Classroom, Black Jack, and Legal Drug.

Though I think I won't be able to buy any more manga until late July/early August...totally broke, used the little bit that was left on my Amazon gift card, and need a bookshelf or a bookcase anyways. Somehow over the last two months between Nielsen sending me $15 for filling out the TV survey thing for my parents, discovering a store here which sold $3 manga, and my birthday, this grew massively.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:02 am Reply with quote
currently looking like this

gotta make more soon, especially as i plan to use Christmas to get the 20vols of one piece im missing (if I've not bought a few more between now and then)
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
^Your collection only gets more impressive! I need to take updated pictures too but 1) I am lending some to my friend and 2) I don't have room for it all, dammit! Stuff is stacked on the damn coffee table! On both levels! And not just my "reading" pile!
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote
well when you have no life its pretty easy to just stockpile goodies Razz

just take pictures of the piles, hell make a throne out of em and take a pic of that for a laugh
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote
Not my entire collection since half of it is back in the States. Also a co-worker is currently borrowing all except the latest volume of Kuroshitsuji.

Full size here.

On top is novels. My Durarara!! novels are... somewhere... The first two shelves are BDs/DVDs, mostly Japanese releases but also some R1 releases sprinkled in. Seiyuu DVDs have their own shelf in another part of my room. I've run out of space on this shelf so there's some stuff scattered around my floor. Plan on buying another shelf when I get my room tidied up, whenever that'll be. I've been wanting to send my photos in to Shelf Life for years now but my room is never presentable enough. ^^;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 36 of 38