• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quote
I agree M+R's hit-and-miss, but I'm still not sure whether I'll disown it. The lack of an instant resolution (or even a "satisfying" one) to the problems of certain characters is refreshing. Plus, I appreciate that the kids come off less dumb and super-powered than in other shonen fare. Of course, I guess I'm just latching on, because this series is as close as I'm gonna get to Descendants of Darkness returning.
driverstart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quote
I got this series because I'm a fan of the supernatural. Movies, books, tv shows, comics, you name it. Sadly, I just can't seem to find very many good supernatural manga stories, so this one and Ghost Hunt are my only favorite supernatural mangas.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
This series really came into its own a few volumes in; I think he always had a killer sense of design for his ghosts and spells (the actual characters seem to be fairly divisive; I never had the issues mentioned here.)
I agree that he does have a tendency to leave a few layout/storytelling snafus in the art, where it's hard to work out just what happened, but the plot itself becomes really tremendously epic as it goes on. Look out for it to surprise you later...
chinabean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why you guys don't like it, I LOVE this manga!

I got all 3 of em' so far, this is the first manga that really got me hooked on it, i also got #1-9 + 13 Death Note Manga and 9 Bleach manga, but they don't draw me in as much as this one, once i read muhyo and roji bsi I can't stop, I read all three in one day and I went to the comic store and they said it hasn't even been out yet, and it comes out april 1st Crying or Very sad

I'm hooked, I like it Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1