• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakugan to Debut on Cartoon Network on February 25

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
NeLVANA'Z Animaze MAkinz It'z RETURN to AMERICAZ, oh zoes!

In all seriousness, I actually kind of like the Bakugan toys themselves. I haven't really watched enough of the show on Teletoon to notice it. But it seems like the average tie-in to the toys things, like Battle B Daman, Chaotic, etc. So, I hope Spin Master has a sucess in the US, it certainly doing good in Canada.

And, is it true Beyblade is being aired on CN? Any difference in the dub from the original broadcast?
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

And, is it true Beyblade is being aired on CN? Any difference in the dub from the original broadcast?

Beyblade doesn't air on U.S. CN.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Beyblade was last aired on Toon Disney, so I'm pretty sure they still have that.
D Dubbs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
So, I hope Spin Master has a sucess in the US, it certainly doing good in Canada.

What, really? O.o

I know that Bakugan hasn't been doing too hot in Japan, so I'm surprised that it's performing well in Canada.

Anyway, I'll probably watch the premiere on Cartoon Network, but it looks pretty generic from the preview on CN Video. And it doesn't help that this will be airing the same time as The Spectecular Spider-Man. >.>
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quote
D Dubbs wrote:
Primus wrote:
So, I hope Spin Master has a sucess in the US, it certainly doing good in Canada.

What, really? O.o

I know that Bakugan hasn't been doing too hot in Japan, so I'm surprised that it's performing well in Canada.

Anyway, I'll probably watch the premiere on Cartoon Network, but it looks pretty generic from the preview on CN Video. And it doesn't help that this will be airing the same time as The Spectecular Spider-Man. >.>

Maybe they hope to take advantage of the One more day fallout
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
D Dubbs wrote:
Primus wrote:

What, really? O.o

According to a Globe and Mail article, the toyline was the second best selling toyline in Canda last quater/year(Can't remember exactly), only to Hasbro's Transformers.

Isn't Spiderman airing on Kids WB, a Weekend Morning block, not a Sunday night block, as Bakugan is airing at 9:00 PM not AM.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
Beyblade was last aired on Toon Disney, so I'm pretty sure they still have that.

SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
Beyblade doesn't air on U.S. CN.

Alright, thanks, I heard a rumor that the show was airing at Sunday, or Saturday at 9:00 AM, just wondering if it was a different dub, as Nelvana seems to still be shopping this show around(it's apparently getting an HP Direct Print DVD release, or something, while Bakugan isn't), although, they may be looking for a DVD Boxset release, as Medabots was just last month released in an Boxset.
D Dubbs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Isn't Spiderman airing on Kids WB, a Weekend Morning block, not a Sunday night block, as Bakugan is airing at 9:00 PM not AM.

Yeah, but it's only on Sunday night for its premiere (most likely so it can get off to a good start, since Pokémon: The Raise of Darkrai airs right before it at 7 PM).

Bakugan's regular slot will be 11 AM (EST) on Saturdays starting March 1st.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quote
I see a girl with twin tails. This is enough for me to watch an ep when it comes on.

Interesting that Toonami's getting a new anime, but this doesn't exactly sound like the best thing ever. Plus, Nelvana's not exactly A+ Number 1 with a bullet when it comes to anime releases. Hard to decide if I should set my expectations lower for the story itself or the dub.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:35 am Reply with quote
Finally. These toys have been in the local Targets and Wal-Marts since last summer, maybe earlier. I'll watch a few episodes as Beyblade was a guilty pleasure of mine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
So it's finally coming to the USA, I see.

I've watched whatever that has aired on Teletoon so far (they're in repeats IIRC), and I actually didn't mind it at all. There are virtually no name changes besides Dan (and his is a perfectly acceptable name change at that), and the dub is pretty standard for a series of its nature, with the only noticeable exception being Runo (who can sound quite annoying at times).

I hope that they get around to showing new episodes soon. I always watch it on Sundays while eating breakfast. Anime hyper

(Hey, 500 posts!)
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:38 am Reply with quote
Announced this past Sunday, I see. When the promos for it were airing during Naruto the previous day. You're suppossed to do the press release FIRST, I think. Someone at CN has the job of preventing these breakdowns of communication. Someone at CN is going to get a good talking-to from their boss, I imagine. Anime smile

Anyway, the AM is too early for me on weekends, but I'll be watching it if it's on normal Toonami. I'm a twice-retired TCG player, and I give all these card-based shows a chance in the hopes that someone will eventually capture the appeal. Sadly, from the synopsis this looks like another attempt to make the Yu-Gi-Oh! lightning strike twice instead of doing something new with the genre. But it deserves a chance, at least. Maybe it'll surprise us.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:00 am Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
Finally. These toys have been in the local Targets and Wal-Marts since last summer, maybe earlier. I'll watch a few episodes as Beyblade was a guilty pleasure of mine.

Last summer!? The earliest reports I've heard was early to mid January '08, they only just started showing up in force around here a few weeks ago. Either you're thinking of something else or SpinMasters uses your area as testing ground.

Personally I was kinda disappointed in the SM release, they aren't painted nearly as nicely as the Japanese releases. The Japanese version (based on unofficial photos) have nice clean and vibrant decos while the SM version looks to have sloppy, thinly coated paint.

I do have a soft spot for these disposable shows so I'll probably catch it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
Well, we're doomed.

Nelvana's probably gonna screw this one up too.
Aresef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quote
But will they keep Psychic Lover's theme?
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Well, we're doomed.

Nelvana's probably gonna screw this one up too.

Thank you, Pointless Post Man. You may go back to your My Chemical Romance CDs, your work is done here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2