• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Candy Candy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erikat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know about any future sequels? If anything will be soon released? The Spanish ending version seems that was really done in a hurry! Please if anyone knows anything let me know!
Thanks!!!!! Very Happy
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if the lawsuits over this 28 year old classic have ended. I hope somebody can fill me in on this. The lawsuits between author and artist were chocking Candy to death. This great masterpiece has been dubbed into almost every language except English, it has never aired in the US although I believe it was aired in French in Quebec Canada.

Now for the sequal.....given the current situation, I don't know if there would ever be a sequal. Prospects look bleak. There were sequals made in Japan. I'm not sure if they air the OAVs outside Japan.

I watched Candy Candy in the early 80s when I lived in Singapore. I first watched it in Japanese with English subtitles on TV and later they aired it in Mandarin. It was my first anime. It was very long and I was happy it ended although the ending was abrupt. I watched the series as a child and her failed romance with Terry never bothered me. I see Candy Candy as the story of an orphan girl abandoned at birth, fighting for survival and acceptance in the world. I am very happy with ending because she finally did grow up to be an independent young woman, in charge of her own life and sure of her identity. This despite all the challenges she faced. Not living happily ever after with the man she love does not mean the series failed, there are things in life more important than romance. Moreover, given Terry's personality, I'm not sure if he is the best person for Candy.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quote
anime#545
animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2003-09-13

Nothing's been announced yet. If a sequel is announced, it will be noted on ANN's front news page. Until then, anime fans on a message board don't have any secret insider information on studios' plans, so there's no point in asking us. Just keep an eye on the news.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1