• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Atelier Game Character Curtains Sold in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
OK, I'm a big fan of the series, but that's a bit much. They don't even look good in the model rooms. Wall scrolls are one thing, but these are too big. Looks like something that belongs on a convention booth.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I think they look amazing ;D, If I could guess; Mel Kishida did the art for these.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
I think they look amazing ;D, If I could guess; Mel Kishida did the art for these.

...Of course she did. Those are just character portraits and artwork from the games.

WANTWANTWANTWANT.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Nothing in otaku related is cheap in Japan
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Beautiful but too expensive. I would love to buy them all, but the buyer's remorse afterwards would hit me hard.

I actually bought one of the tapestries from a company's booth last year. I justified the price with the understanding that only three exist in the whole world. These on the other hand are higher priced and will likely exist in greater quantities than that.

The Mirai booth tarps that I saw at cons this year were much better priced for a mass produced product and I wonder if we might see something similar from other companies next year. Considering the average wall scroll is under $20, I would expect the price to stay under $60 for one that's up to three times larger.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I read the thread title and thought to myself, "I hope it's *those* 'Atelier Game Characters'," and yes indeed it was the ones that I recalled in my mind that I have been so fond of the character designs, even though I never played the games. And to see such large, detailed and beautifully portrayed artwork on the curtains made me so happy. Sadly I'm pretty sure I won't be able to own any of these, since of course the ones I want are the priciest, I won't settle for the smaller cheaper ones.
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:12 am Reply with quote
Wow, beautiful. Of course, all my wall space is reserved for bookshelves, but damn, that one that screams for the yuri goggles would tempt me....
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote
Never played any of the games (I haven't played much in the way of games at all since my PS3 broke Anime cry ) but gorgeous, gorgeous Kishida Mel art.

Those are tiebacks rather than tassels - they don't even have tassels on them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1