• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shin Chan vs Shin Chan: A CMX/Comics One comparison

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinja-Gaiden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote
Sorry to bump on an old thread, but I'm stuck between the two versions, they both have their differences, so, could any of you guys "enlighten" me on which version of Shin Chan is superior towards the other? Thanks. Smile
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, you'll have to at least get old C1 copies of volume 10, as they edited a BJ joke out from the CMX edition.
Shinja-Gaiden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Well that sucks. Razz Is that the only thing C1 has that CMX doesn't? I hear something about a Ken Takakura joke being taken out of CMX, otherwise, the CMX version is better, am I correct? Also, sorry for badgering you with all these questions Anime smile + sweatdrop
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, they dumbed down a joke about Ken Takakura. Though both editions use American pop culture references. In terms of actual quality, though, I'd say I like the C1 versions, 'cus they don't use cheap paper, and keep the come-backs simpler. But CMX published vol. 11, which C1 never got to, so...
PannenkoekenNL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Has Crunchyroll made their own translation for the chapters that had already been released?
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:20 pm Reply with quote
This is technically necroposting. You're welcome to ask your question in this thread.

Locking thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2