• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Educating the masses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry Bamboo, I find this insanely hilarious...

Quote:
Not only are kids learning something, they’re leaning how to type, too. If you’re going to make your kids learn, why not make learning fun?

I'm sure you don't want your least errors to be pointed out, but I laughed... Sorry... Anime smile
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo wrote:
Do you consider yourself an Eva fan? If the answer was yes then you have absolutely no excuse to not run out and buy this DVD. Throwing episodes 21-23 on a disc both in their aired form and also the director's cuts, this is a DVD that every Eva, nay, every Gainax fan absolutely must own. With extended openings and a packed boatload of deleted scenes in every episode, this is truly Evangelion like you’ve never quite seen it before. As with all director's cuts, this really gives the viewer a more complete glance into the work, whether it patches together plot questions or gives an added boost of symbolism. To dangle the carrot in front of viewers just a bit lower, there’s even an interview on the discs regarding the live action Evangelion movie in the planning stages. Fans of the original dub cast may be a bit disappointed though, as some of the voices were replaced, but overall, it’s still a stellar package. If you like this show and you don’t have any plans to ever add this to your anime collection, you don’t deserve to breathe.

Wow, and here I was thinking that all of the folks at ANN hated Eva. Sometimes I really like being wrong.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:43 pm Reply with quote
You thought we all hated EVA? I love EVA. One of my favorite shows. I try and watch the whole thing once every few years or so.

-Z
SharinganKakashi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
You thought we all hated EVA? I love EVA. One of my favorite shows. I try and watch the whole thing once every few years or so.

-Z

Sometimes I can't tell whether or not Zac is being sarcastic or not, maybe that's why he's a good Answerman. Wink
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Ryuko wrote:
I'm sorry Bamboo, I find this insanely hilarious...

Quote:
Not only are kids learning something, they’re leaning how to type, too. If you’re going to make your kids learn, why not make learning fun?

I'm sure you don't want your least errors to be pointed out, but I laughed... Sorry... Anime smile

See? I told you we need more typing games. My typo is proof of it. Very Happy
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I want this typing game Twisted Evil
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Zac on another thread wrote:
I'm as jaded, cyncial and nasty as you can get for an anime viewer and it blew me away. Made Evangelion look like unfinished, lame-ass kid's stuff.

Then forgive my misinterpretation Anime catgrin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1