• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime at Target

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:36 pm Reply with quote
molloaggie wrote:
Hey, they did all this work to get anime on the shelves but why didn't they mention manga at all?

Yeah, come to think of it, I was at Target no more than a week ago and saw they had some manga for sale as well, it was with the magazines.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:46 am Reply with quote
My Target has an anime section, but it's only been open for about 4 months. Also, last time I checked they had the first Big O GN along with Rave and some of the Dragon Ball ones for about $1 or $2 cheaper then the cover price each.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pitargo Nats

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:29 pm Reply with quote
molloaggie wrote:
Hey, they did all this work to get anime on the shelves but why didn't they mention manga at all?

There is a small selection of manga in kids books (at my store 3 titles that don't change) the first Dragonball Z and two other titles that I don't remember. But since space dedicated to books is very limited; we would rather have more space for music, movies, and software.

And Target did carry a couple DVD's of the Armitage series about two years ago but they never really sold at least at my store (this might have been a test marketing title as well).
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I think that TheDoom meant Armatige III: Polymatrix (or Dual Matrix, the sequel). This is an action movie about a robot who has the ability to reproduce normal human children. The movie airs once in a blue moon on TechTV.
TheDoom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:02 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
TheDoom wrote:
I work at Target, and have for over 3 years. During that time we've carried Armitron: Poly Matrix (either that or dual matrix, I don't remember).

Someone made an anime about watches? Anime dazed You mean Armitage. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Emerje

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, since it sucks regardless.

We also have had some Tokyo Pop selected manga as well. Rave Master comes to mind, but its mostly been their Sponge Bob and Lizzy Maguire published works.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2